Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
711 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all, I purchased a 06 VN900 in October and have been adding things to the bike since I got it. The next item I want is a set of hard saddlebags. Leaning towards the Tsukayu hardbags. I have searched the forum and there are several people that have them, but most of the pictures are from the right hand side of the bike. The right side with the exhaust looks awsome, but just wondering what the left looks like since there would be nothing below the bags etc. Just wondering if anyone that has these bags could post pictures of what they look like from the left side of the bike. I know it might be hard for a good look since the bike leans to the left while on the kick stand, but any pics would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
Curtis

·
Registered
711 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks cycledude, I saw that one, but to me its still hard to see the left rear clearly.. if that shot was straight on and not at an angle it would be perfect.. It is actually those pictures that have me leaning towards the hardbags...

·
Premium Member
615 Posts
Classic...I'll try and get you some straight on from the left shots for you later today.

·
Registered
711 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Atlantadave, do you think you would have the time to post a straight on left side shot of your bike?

·
Registered
2,743 Posts
I love those bags. I am still thinking about the leather covered hard bags from Tsu as well.

·
Premium Member
615 Posts
Here's a pic from the left, straight on:

From the rear:

From the rear quarter:

If you mount the Tsukayu bags with the OEM exhausts, they WILL sit higher. I wanted the "low butt" look and specifically got the Cobra Speedster Longs because of how low the pipes mounted and knew that the bags would sit low. BTW, the right bag sits 2" above the upper pipe and not on it.

·
Registered
711 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks AtlantaDave, that is exactly what I was looking for. I love the look from behind and the right side but was concerned how they would look on the left since to me the left side of the bike lacks a bit of bling. How much lower does your pipes hang than OEM.. BTW.. great looking bike..

·
Premium Member
615 Posts
Here's a side to side (well, top to bottom) comparison of the 900 with stock pipes and with the Longs. I would think the top of the stock pipe is around 3 or 4 inches higher than the top of the Longs. Tsukayu highly recommends that the bags are at least 2" above the pipes.

·
Registered
711 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks AtlantaDave.. looking at the two I think I should be good to go with the hard bags.. The left side might be high and expose the rear pulley and belt guard, but that should be fine since I have the chrome belt cover on that side. Definitely looks like those bags are the way I want to go. Again thanks for all your help

·
Premium Member
615 Posts
No problem. Thanks to CycleDude (Kevin) for posting the original pics.

Good luck and don't forget to post pics when yer dun.

·
V2K In Torque We Trust
1,121 Posts
Here's the left side, with those bags, on the 900's big brother.

·
Missy Peregrym's #1 fan!
7,792 Posts
That bike has a badonkadonk Dave!

Very nice bike as always!

·
Registered
711 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Wow..seeing those in the gloss black is nice.. I have a black VN900 and I am thinking its going to look very nice.. Boy I love this forum. Everyone is so helpful and knowledgable..

·
Patriot Guardian
28,016 Posts
Just for grins.....

1600 Classic with LeatherLyke Cross Country bags and touring trunk on a home-built luggage rack with pillion extension (made from the OEM front seat).

·
Registered
711 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Very nice Rich.. I see I have a long way to go with the customizing. Seems like each bike I see has something I like..

1 - 20 of 29 Posts