·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Hmmm...Didn't work for me...Try this? Or just cut and paste the actual URL into your browser.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Beautiful Bike!! But I am biased.. :)

I did notice one thing that is different than mine..
I'm not sure how things work in Maryland, but here in Illinois, we have license plates made out of metal, with the numbers stamped into them.. we can't just scribble a few random numbers on a peice of cardboard.
:wink:

How do you like the seat?
Enjoy!
-Ryan

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
:lol: In the good old state of Maryland they give you these huge dorky looking temp tags that make it look like you just started riding. I pulled that thing off and made my own temp tag as small as I could make it...The information is there if Mr. Officer Friendly wants to give me a hard time.

As for the seat...I love it and my wife loves it more...The stock seat is nice cuz it looks more stream lined, but this one has it's own unique look...I thought I'd be swapping them on and off, but I probably won't be...I like the looks of the new one just fine...It ain't worth the time to swap them on and off.

Now I'm just waiting for my noise makers.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Nice Bike. The color is great! Is the seat more comfortable than stock on long rides? I noticed that the 04 has the same tacky license plate setup as my 02. I have the Cobra Cleanup kit on my wish list. Please update the pics when you get the exhaust on. Enjoy

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
Gosh, I sure do love the sexy look of the Mean Steak. She is gorgeous!

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'll be sure to keep you updated on the progress. I just changed the oil today after about 750 miles. I'm going to eventually take it in for the breakin service, but I wanted to get that oil out of there first. You never know what little bits are floating around.

As for the seat...I like it alot...It looks better in some respects than the stock seat and the passenger comfort is greatly improved. Oh the drivers comfort is improved as well. Is it worth almost $500...I'm not sure about that, but it was included in my deal so whatever.

·
Registered
458 Posts
btreaves said:
I just changed the oil today after about 750 miles. I'm going to eventually take it in for the breakin service, but I wanted to get that oil out of there first. You never know what little bits are floating around.
It's your bike, but the break in service is supposed to be done at 600 miles. 750 is pretty close. It includes oil and filter change and final drive lube change. I'm sure you will be OK, but you should get the rest done, as it includes checking bolts for tightness. I found a few loose on mine. The ones that were loose leads me to believe it was dealer set up that either missed them or didn't torque properly.

BTW, you did change the filter and clean the screen, right? :wink:

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Nope...Didn't change the filter or clean the screen. Just swapped the oil out. I'll change the filter and oil in another 250-500 miles. I'll probably change the final gear oil at that point as well. If the filter is working as it should I shouldn't have anything to worry about.

You know what's funny to me? Automobiles do not have a breakin service, but motorcycles do. I wonder why? This whole breakin crap is probably just a ploy from the manufactuers to help the dealerships make a few more bucks off of us suckers.

·
Registered
458 Posts
I made the same observation here a few weeks ago. :lol: Never thought about a payback to dealers. Although those prices are all over the map. $100 to $250 I've seen.

We came up with the thought that perhaps the 600 mi. check is more about checking bolt tightness than oil. The bike is delivered to the dealer semi assembled and sometimes the folks who put them together don't do the best job. :wink:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts