Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there supposed to be a hole all the way through the pilot jets as in the main jet? there wasnt on mine, but it didnt look as if there ever had been. if there is supposed to be, thats prolly where my prob lies.

wayne

·
AZ's Official Mechanic
5,201 Posts
if your actually looking at the PILOT JET then YES there is a hole the whole way thru. take a small piece of wire and poke thru the jet to clear the blockage. take carb cleaner and compressed air to clean it out after running it on the wire.
the PILOT and MAIN should both be clear. hold them up to a light and make sure they are clean. :wink:

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i knew that was gonna bite me, thats what i get for assuming. i am used to 600 cfm edelbrocks and such where you can see things clearly. lol. o well, off the carbs come again lol.

wayne

·
AZ's Official Mechanic
5,201 Posts
wayne74447 said:
whats vacuum usually gonna be on these? i am getting maybe 3 inches
you talking about CARB SYNCH VACUMN :?: it doesnt matter what the readings are as long as they are the same (with in 1" of each other, the closer the better though) :wink:

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
sure enough, dirty, wait clogged pilot jets. they are in the chem dip right now, so i will have more info soon!

wayne

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
well she idles beautifully now. 900 to 1000 rpm. ran it with the boots off and the number 4 carb was dripping fuel, is it common for these to do this?

ww

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
Check your rubber diaphram for the piston on #4 and make sure it is seated properly.

·
AZ's Official Mechanic
5,201 Posts
wayne74447 said:
well she idles beautifully now. 900 to 1000 rpm. ran it with the boots off and the number 4 carb was dripping fuel, is it common for these to do this?

ww
make sure your vent lines are OPEN/NOT PINCHED :wink:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts