Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I downed my bike for the first time today...unfortunately it wasn't one of those little topples in a parking lot, or a drop in the drive way. Drifted too far to the edge of the road where lots of pine straw was resting, that sent me into the grass. Being that I was still at the lean angle for the turn, I went DOWN. Doing 35 MPH, the pics speak for themselves.

Attachments

·
Registered
80 Posts
Wow that brought back some memories. Same thing happened to me last summer on the BRP.
I'm glad your ok & your bike looks fixable. So that's a plus.
I'm not sure how your money situation is but my crash came at a bad time, I was buying a house at the time. So it took me 4 or 5 months to find all the parts I needed to fix mine at a price I could afford. Your best bet is to look at ebay & here. Unless money isn't an issue then you'll be good & back on the road in no time.
Look at it this way you got your first crash out of the way & hopefully your last.:grouphug: Good luck w/the rebuild.

·
The little guy said it.
17,962 Posts
Glad you're okay - one thing I'd recommend is getting checked out, if you can afford to do so. With a sore back there may be more damage than meets the eye.

·
Registered
72 Posts
They lay em down i pick em up...Cheap... It happens glad you made out Ok.. I picked this one up for 1000.00. This bike would do 200 mph It was an 8 second 1/4 mile. camed ported and polished cosworth pistons and 39mm flatties kehin CRs all for 1 G :tongue:

Attachments

·
Insect Impact Analyst
789 Posts
First off, glad you're OK. It really sucks when you bang up your ride like that, but like others have said, it's cheaper and easier to replace bike parts than people parts!

On another note, 250 parts are pretty easy to find used. Most of the parts from an 88 to a 2007 are interchangeable. From the pictures, it doesn't look like there is any damage to anything other than the upper cowling and the instrument cluster, but you will want to take them off to see what else might be banged up.

If you are looking to fix the bike yourself, keep a close eye on ebay. They usually have all kinds of plastics for the Ninja 250. They are a really common bike, and being that they went for 20 years without changing the design, it's easy to find what you need. Hope all works out for you, and sorry about the bike.

·
Registered
359 Posts
I remember visiting a friend in the hosp. He also missed a turn at high speed. His blood alcohol was so high he should have been dead, idiot! Anyway, the docs didn't understand why he complained about a wierd feeling in his eyes. They had to dig out some large seeds that were forced into the corners of his eyes. Lots of seeds compressed by the high speed, they were the size of pumkin seeds...OUCH!

·
The Bassman Rocketh
25,244 Posts
I remember visiting a friend in the hosp. He also missed a turn at high speed. His blood alcohol was so high he should have been dead, idiot! Anyway, the docs didn't understand why he complained about a wierd feeling in his eyes. They had to dig out some large seeds that were forced into the corners of his eyes. Lots of seeds compressed by the high speed, they were the size of pumkin seeds...OUCH!
Wow... that sounds painful! :eek:

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thanks for all the concern guys. I'm completely fine, no more soreness after the first 2 days of the crash. The local Kawasaki shop has a 2004 Ninja 250R with a blown engine, but perfect otherwise. They are going to let my buy the whole bike for less than the cost of a single fairing piece. Gonna change the whole color scheme over...midnight blue and silver!

·
Super Moderator
11,094 Posts
Thanks for all the concern guys. I'm completely fine, no more soreness after the first 2 days of the crash. The local Kawasaki shop has a 2004 Ninja 250R with a blown engine, but perfect otherwise. They are going to let my buy the whole bike for less than the cost of a single fairing piece. Gonna change the whole color scheme over...midnight blue and silver!
Sounds like you fell in a pile of dookie and came out smelling like roses! Have you bought a lottery ticket yet? It's your lucky day!! WooHoo for you!!!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.