Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
O.K. A friend of mine told me of this inexpensive mod to get that nice rumble. Drill 7 (yes 7) 15/32 holes evenly spaced around the pipe on each exhaust. Spray paint black grill paint over area when finished. If you change your mind or need that inspection sticker just screw in 14 1/2 inch bolts to fill holes.
I don't know if you have to re-map or not....

·
Registered
605 Posts
I've heard of the effect and have thought about doing it to my pipes too because the baffles make my bike equal to that of a stock R1...very quiet in comparison to most.

I'd ask a few more members but I heard that the results were a nice sound if you didn't want to spend the money yet.

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
I seem to recall one of the moderators mention this in another post about exhaust, possible bikeaholic. Whomever it was, the comment was something along the lines that he didn't notice a big difference in the sound after drilling. If you search on pipes in the cruiser and the mechanics forums, you should be able to find it.

Also, isn't there a tip on how to do this on Gadget's page? You may want to check it out: http://www.gadgetjq.com/gadgetsfixitpage.htm

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
re

on the 800b it sounds a little better at wot but still quiet at idle
just change pipes it works better :lol:

·
Registered
75 Posts
Where do you drill, all the way at the end?

Also, I have the trumpet-style stock exhaust, can I just cut the inside end of the pipe out so it's hollow or are there a ton of baffles inside it?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts