Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here are a couple of pics of the pipes which have now been powdercoated.

·
*NRA*
282 Posts
dadgome that is a jammin look. Been think'in on do'in that myself-- so ya have to let us know how many clams you had shell out to git er done?

·
Registered
67 Posts
It is highly recommended that a ceramic coat be used for exhausts as they hold up to the heat much better then powder coat. I had mine done for $200 out of Omaha. Powder coating will be a little less expensive.

Pipes look really good none the less. I like the chrome accents on them.

·
*NRA*
282 Posts
It is highly recommended that a ceramic coat be used for exhausts as they hold up to the heat much better then powder coat. I had mine done for $200 out of Omaha. Powder coating will be a little less expensive.

Pipes look really good none the less. I like the chrome accents on them.
--got ya any pics of 'em?:)

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The pipes cost me about 120 USD.

Once the pipes were off, I lossened the clips so I could get the chrome rings bare, then I taped them off before getting them coated. Then after they were dried, I simply peeled off the tape.
Yeah sure, there was quite some glue residue on them but withh some elbow grease they soon went.

The ONLY thing you have to look out for, is that because the pipes are powdercoated as a whole, the first 6 to 8 inches on the pipes can better be sanded down, otherwise the paint will just peel off due to the heat coming from the motor.

Otherwise, all is fine.

·
Registered
995 Posts
The shiny looks good on your bike (matches well), but I prefer the matte look. I used ceramic header paint and did mine last year. They are holding up well and didn't cost much at all.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Looks good Duffy, but you have got a silver bike.

I wanted everything to fit, black lak and chrome.
I've got a Hypercharger waiting to be fitted and thats also black lak, so it all fits together.

Finally a silver pinstripe flame design for the tank and its finished...
I'll post up fotos step by step as they happen.

·
Registered
1,946 Posts
Man that is tempting.... they look great. I've been thinking about getting my pipes coated too, I think it'd look good with the blue and black finish.

·
Registered
995 Posts
Looks good Duffy, but you have got a silver bike.

I wanted everything to fit, black lak and chrome.
I've got a Hypercharger waiting to be fitted and thats also black lak, so it all fits together.

Finally a silver pinstripe flame design for the tank and its finished...
I'll post up fotos step by step as they happen.
Yeah, the shiny looks good with your shiny black bike...............

1 - 20 of 23 Posts