Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8,245 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got my new diablo tire put on the back rim of my 500R, oooo soooo sweet, it grips the road like no other. I have to push my foot brake all the way down to get it to lock up (it would lock up before by looking at the rear pedal) I'm already to the last 1/3 inch of tread on the sides, and thats with me going hard and not hanging off the bike at all (didn't feel like putting leathers on)

So, as I can now say, a 150/60/17 tire will fit perfectly on a ex500. whoo hoo.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Supersoft tire huh? What is the normal life of a tire like that?

·
Registered
4 Posts
I don't know if any of the Ninjas use a 120/70ZR17 front, but Pirelli is running a special this month where you can buy any Diablo rear and get a 120/70ZR17 front for FREE. Check out the Pirelli website.

Freakinout - by the way, where did you get your tires mounted and what did it run you? I'm thinking about getting in on this Pirelli deal before the deal expires. Thanks.

Adam

·
Registered
8,245 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
AgNinja said:
I don't know if any of the Ninjas use a 120/70ZR17 front, but Pirelli is running a special this month where you can buy any Diablo rear and get a 120/70ZR17 front for FREE. Check out the Pirelli website.

Freakinout - by the way, where did you get your tires mounted and what did it run you? I'm thinking about getting in on this Pirelli deal before the deal expires. Thanks.

Adam
A 120/70ZR17 will fit on the ex500, perfectly also. I am waiting for mine to arrive.

I got it mounted at honda of lubbock, cost me like 16.45 when I take just the rim and tire to them. The pirelli deal is awesome.

·
Registered
8,245 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
r409z said:
will putting bigger tires on mess up performance at all? will it affect the speedometer at all?
Changing the front can effect the speedo, but you just gotta try and figure out how accurate the speedo is (they aren't all that accurate to begin with)

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
SPEEDO

Changing the tire size width or height///going from a 80 profile to a 70 to a 55 even will affect the speedo because of hte circumference of the tire...SO? Try to creep up along side a car on th einterstate when you can see the BIG electronic read out at say 70, then look at your speedo,,,using an old grease pencil make a mark. The best way to do the mileage thing though is to see if the mile markers are 60seconds apart at 60MPH .5 mile=30seconds...60 is a geat number to know then you can figure 30, 45, 75...all you need is a marker or even a plastic dot or trim tape...nothing permanant...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts