Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if anyone knew what the pitch(center to center of the teeth) is the vulcan 900 drive belt. The reason I ask is because I was measuring the spacing on the ultra classic teeth and my 900 and they appear to be the same. Take in mind I am laying on my back with my dial calipers measuring while they are still on the bike. I have not taken both bikes apart to do a side by side camparison yet. But the way I am measuring they look the same to me. So I got to checking on the internet and the harley pitch is 14mm which seems to be a world wide standard for drive belts. Could the 900 pitch also be 14mm? Like I said I havnt stretched the 2 belts out side by side to see. I was hoping somebody might have the info in a service manual to confirm or deny that the pitch is indeed 14mm, that way I dont have to take the two bikes apart. What this is leading up to is that if they are the same then I would have an unlimited selection of billet wheels, pulleys, and rotors by switching to harley rear wheel, at a third of the price of custom made for Kaw.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts