Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
350 Posts
I asked a cop at a gas station a month back, Is is ok to turn your plate sideways ? He said yes, as long as it is visable from behind its fine.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have an 06 Mean Streak - black and red

I'm down near Brownsville, I just bought the bike 2 1/2 months ago from a guy in Corpus, it was a steal!! I may be heading up to Houston area within the next month, if I do I'll pm you and maybe hook up for a ride.

·
Registered
350 Posts
I have an 06 Mean Streak - black and red

I'm down near Brownsville, I just bought the bike 2 1/2 months ago from a guy in Corpus, it was a steal!! I may be heading up to Houston area within the next month, if I do I'll pm you and maybe hook up for a ride.
Cool.
Congrats on the Mean Streak, awesome bike.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Go on ebay motors and look under mean streak and you'll find a nice plate locater for 35 bucks.All you need is a light for it.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Go on ebay motors and look under mean streak and you'll find a nice plate locater for 35 bucks.All you need is a light for it.
Is a light required? Also, in Texas we have that inspection sticker - wondering where that would go - any suggestions??

·
Registered
96 Posts
I don't have a plate light down here in florida,so far so good.The **** thing lights up from being so reflective anyway!As far as the sticker goes your on your own there.

·
Registered
79 Posts
light is required.. and inspection has to be visible somewhere.
my sticker is on a piece of metal that was bolted to the swing arm.
as for lighting - I used bolt lights, which are used to mount the plate and light it up.
good luck...

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
light is required.. and inspection has to be visible somewhere.
my sticker is on a piece of metal that was bolted to the swing arm.
as for lighting - I used bolt lights, which are used to mount the plate and light it up.
good luck...
Thanks phatfront. Do you have any pics of where your inspection sticker is? I wand to clean up the rear end of the bike and get rid of that awful plastic sticking down from the fender. What about wiring the bold lights? Anything special?

OH, and I just got my MS Big Shot in today and had it installed in about 10-15 mins. Looks great....will have pics tomorrow!

Thanks for everyone's help:)

·
Patriot Guardian
28,016 Posts
Careful on the type of mount too. I've been told that Texas is coming down on frames that cover ANY of the print on the plate. Probably not a problem for bikes, but frames with the auto dealership names on them cover part of the text and are being cited in some cities.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I just read my last post....it must be late 'cause I can't spell!!!!!

Thanks for the heads up Rich. It's nice to know there are people looking out for you. This forum has been a tremendous help. I thinks I'll drop by the DPS and see what they say about the whole thing.

+1000 for all those who help us noobs out

·
Registered
22 Posts
Pitty: And any other FL riders. Just a forwarning, the made it illegal starting Jan 1 for side mounted liscense plate, also must be seen from both sides of the bike. This is just a FL thing.

FSS 316.605 covering tag placement now announces the exact placement of a Florida tag to include:

* must be horizontal and read left to right
* can not be less than 12" off the ground or more than 60" high
* must not have ANY portion of the word "FLORIDA" or the decal obscured
* MUST be on the REARMOST portion of the motor vehicle

Ohh and nice to see another sarasota person here.

Sry for the thread jack. A thread with this information per state basis would be a good stickie.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts