Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings....just purchased a 2014 Shadow Aero, coming from 6 different styles of Harleys in the last 20 or so years. I'm in my 70's and retired, with time on my hands. Sold my Harley a few months ago, thinking that my riding days were coming to an end, and simply put, I missed riding daily. What I don't miss is the "big ole Harley"...the weight, and the expense of ownership. The Shadow 750 seemed to be a good fit, as I'm just doing beach cruising now....I live near Myrtle Beach, however, it wasn't for me. I kept it for all of 2 weeks and traded it in on a 2010 Vulcan Classic 900 LT. I just recently picked up a new to me Vulcan, and get it later this week!

I purchased the Honda Shadow for a little over $1200, with only 8300 miles on it, and did get a great deal on the Vulcan!!....like a even title transfer!

I recently started buying new metric tools, and cleaning products, but before I start putting money into a bunch of parts, I will take it to the dealer and have it checked out. Probably looking to just add a LED headlamp, engine guards, and maybe new slip-ons.

I have been on Partzilla and also Motosport...and a couple of other sites a all seem good, I like the diagrams they provide. In my Harley days I used a site called Ronnies (they were awesome and most times had 20% off parts)
I now know how Tom Brady feels after playing 20 years for the Patriots, and then moving on to the Bucs...it has got to be hard learning all new systems, like I'm currently doing!

Fortunately the motor, gears, drive shaft, brakes and everything seems to be in real good shape on the Vulcan...bike seems like it was well taken care of....will find more out as I go along. . I'm hoping the tires last another few thousand miles (have 11K on them now) as the rims are good with no rust anywhere.

I'm looking forward to being a part of this forum and learning more of what Kawasaki is all about....honestly, in all my "research" I have not found many haters. makes me feel good!!

·
Registered
182 Posts
Pleased to meet you but haven't guessed your name, welcome to the forum, nice bike matey and hope you find everything you need on this forum (y)

·
Super Moderator
1,598 Posts
Welcome to our club Stones Fan, nice to hear you are still riding at 70+. Enjoy the new ride and you have any questions, this is the place.
Cheers!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts