Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
I've got an '05 Ninja 250 with 3500 miles on it. I bought it about 2 months ago with only 2600 miles on it. Just recently I noticed that when I excellerate past 7k rmps in any gear there seems to be some time of engine rattling that wasnt there before. It almost sounds like something could be loose and there seems to be a little engine loss but i cant be sure. I called to take it in for a 2 yr/ 3000 mile maintanance check-up but the Kawasaki mechanic said it wouldn't be neccesary till 4000 miles. I'm not too mechanically inclined with the bike yet, and if someone could help that would be great. Please help!!! Thanx

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
If it's under warranty there's no reason why they should turn you away from looking at it other than they're lazy and don't want to. It could be a dozen things from a loose fairing screw to a faulty cam chain.

Can you describe the problem?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well from what i can hear its like a rattle that seems to be coming from the engine. And it only happens when i lay on the throttle and get over 7,000 rmps. I doubt its under warranty still because i bought it used and its an '05. I accidentally dropped the clutch about a week back and i hope that has nothing to do with it.

·
The Cruising Gunsmith
1,459 Posts
Well from what i can hear its like a rattle that seems to be coming from the engine. And it only happens when i lay on the throttle and get over 7,000 rmps. I doubt its under warranty still because i bought it used and its an '05. I accidentally dropped the clutch about a week back and i hope that has nothing to do with it.
Does yours have a cam chain tension adjuster like mine?

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
I'm pretty sure the 250s do, yes.

Sorry, I didn't read the first post right. I thought you'd bought it new. It seems even more odd to me now, why the mechanic wouldn't take it in to look at it if you wanted him to do the service early.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts