Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have come accross a wrecked kawi and i need a little help IDing it (no stickers no serial number no nothing) i belive it is early 90s by the frame design , perimiter frame with steel down tubes that run from the tripple to near the foot pegs it has a deul exhaust and looks to be around 600cc it has kiahin carbs with plastic tops on them 4 piston front brakes and twin piston sliding i belive in the rear it has a oil cooler under the radiator, labeled 16v twin cam on the rear fairing, the only fairing on the bike, the head lights are not stock so no help there, it is hydrolic clutch, the sub frame and main frame are one peice it has a handle for a second rider to hold onto out back. I know this is not ideal information to work with i will try and get some pics. Does anyone know what this bike may be????????

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
16 valve could be a Ninja 600. 600's had the oil cooler set up under the radiator and the frame sounds right for it....

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
maybe a different year??? the back end (fairing) is rounded and the rear blinkers are intergrated into the fairing as well the frame looks similar to the pic but is much thicker (if that makes sence) the front breaks are also 4 piston the exhaust is duel and all black and it has those goofy round chain tensioner things ( the off center axle hole bushing thingys) i really need to get a pick of it....

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
This is from an 86. As time went on the frames just slightly changed....

·
Registered
105 Posts
or a 500r because there is a handle in the rear that a second person can hold on to

·
Registered
1 Posts
Could be a GPX600R if it has the Blinkers integrated in the rear fairing. Looks basically pretty similar to the GPZ in the picture above.

The GPX was a parallel model, initially with a bit more horsepower, build, I believe from '89, assembled later in the States and sold in Europe until about '98.

Cheers,
2fast

·
Registered
269 Posts
If it has hydraulic clutch it is probably a late 80's 750 or 900. I think all the zx600's had cables.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts