Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I assume the '01 Vulcan 800 Classic has 41mm fork tube. I want to extend my tubes about six inches. Can 41mm tubes from another make be made to fit. For example, will 41mm Harley tubes be made to work? Any suggestions? I found a place that will make tubes, but they want $300.

I have asked this same question here before, with no response. Surely someone knows if this is possible. Your answer will be greatly appreciated!!!!!

·
Registered
1,221 Posts
A 6 inch extension will really hike up the front end and make the handling pretty odd if you don't change the rake as well. Yes, any fork tube of the correct diameter will fit the triples, but probably won't be right for the sliders. You'll need to replace the whole assembly if you want to change to a Harley fork tube. Then the wheel, or brake caliper may not line up, etc, etc. $300 isn't bad for something you know will work right from the get go. You'll probably also need new springs too, so add another $100 to the 300.

I'd also suggest you roll that front wheel onto something 6 inches high and sit on the bike before you commit. It may jack the front up so high that you'll have difficulty seeing the road.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts