Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a prob wit my bike n dont know wat happened. looking for help if possible. somehow gas got into where the engine oil is supposed to be. i was trying to start it up n it would crank but it wont start so i looked at the oil area n it was flooded with gas. i then unscrewed the bolt to drain the oil and gas just started coming out like crazy. please help. this is my first bike i bought back in may

·
Registered
437 Posts
I would not try to start the bike again before you get it fixed.

You have a leaky carb and need to get it fixed. This would require removing the carb and cleaning it out, and testing it for leaks before reinstalling it.
Problem 2: IF you are running the gas petcock in "prime", move it to "on" or "reserve". Don't use prime until you get a clearer idea of what "prime" is, it should not be used regularly, I don't even use it at all, haven't for years. If you are in "on or "reserve", then the petcock is bad and needs to be repaired.
Drain the oil now and I would say not to replace it until the above are fixed.

Should solve your problem. Happened to me earlier this year.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.