Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
513 Posts
It’s a GPz750 or 1100 unitrac but the engine isn’t. The engine could be z900/1000 or z650/750. It looks pre GPz as the cam covers and head are earlier, the clutch pushrod is activated from the sprocket cover and the alternator cover is wrong.

Looking again, it looks more 750 than 1100.

Looking yet again, most of the engine is GPz750, the sprocket cover and alternator cover are wrong though.

This GPz has the original engine.

This is a more original GPz750

·
Registered
4,741 Posts
A 750 wouldn't have an engine cover like that; instead, it would be smaller & round.
Fuel tank looks like a ZX1100. other stuff too.
I'm gonna say 83 or 84 ZX1100A. but that's just guessing using the diagrams.

edited. hee.

·
Registered
513 Posts
It could be but the tank doesn’t look long enough for an 1100. The alternator cover and sprocket cover is wrong for both 750A and 1100A.

Having just had a look at some bikes, it looks like the engine is from a twin shock GPz1100B which would suggest that the rest of the bike is indeed an 1100A

·
Registered
513 Posts
Why do you say that, I see nothing particularly wrong with the bike?

Paint it red, put the side panels and fairing back on and it will look a pretty good base for restoration IMHO.

It is possible that the alternator cover has been replaced but if it has then the sprocket cover has also as that’s from the 82 model too. My guess is complete engine swap but your suggestion is equally likely.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts