Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi chaps (and chapettes).

I'm new to this forum , but wonder if any of you seasoned riders out there can help me.....

i have just traded in my GSXR 600 for a 2008 Z750 (much better) which still has the original exhaust can on it. I want to change it for an aftermarket but notice there is some kind of servo driven valve in the original. If i change to a new can without this valve, what happens to all the connections?

Do i just disconnect and everything is hunky-dory? If so, do i strip out the whole lot or just cable tie it all up?

Or, as I suspect, is there more to it than that??:confused:

I would really appreciate any thoughts and experiences of anyone who has already changed their can....

thankyou people..:biggrin:

·
Premium Member
2,875 Posts
You'll be fine. I know that I have the Z1000 but the job can't be too much different for your Z750. Below is a link showing what I did to replace the stock exhaust on my '07 Z1000 in a Z750/Z1000 specific forum. The only thing that I would add to my initial description is that you make sure that you hold the pulley in place with some Channel Locks while both loosening and retightening the bolt that holds it on so that you don't crack the plastic teeth that are in the internals of the servo mechanism:

How to remove the cables to replace the exhaust... - RiderForums.com Community

I've put over 9k miles over a year and-a-half since installing the pipes and never had the FI light turn on though for some reason, other people have had issues with it. My guess is that they are running their pipes sans baffles (I have the baffles in my pipes) causing the engine to run lean; a PCIII and dyno mapping should take care of that.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Eidian..

You wouldn't believe how difficult its been to get any info on this. I'll have a look at the link you posted and hopefully then I can get on and buy a pipe!

Thanks again for your help:D

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.