Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
just cruzin by!
1,398 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First it was,boy the backrest is nice but the seat isnt comfy after a half hour...mustang seat 575.... I wish this bike was louder,I would feel safer....HK Strippers 500......man,these pegs really make it hard to get on and off the bike.....oem floorboards 260....I wish i had more than these saddlebags to put things in....saddleman travel bag 180......you know this old helmet makes my head itch for some reason....hjc IS-33 open face helmet 145.....aahhhh that's much better!!! total cost of pleasing the wife..... $1660.......Looking in the rear view mirror and seeing her smile.............PRICELESS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Guilty By Association
650 Posts
ha--mine: geez honey, it would be nice....
me: this is how you ride---wanna get on or not?
her: sure!

·
Registered
65 Posts
I just bought a 2001 Yamaha Royal Star Venture to please my wife (this after adding a seat and sissy bar to the 900. She wanted us to get a Gold wing, so this was the compromise. I, too, think I liked it better when she hated bikes.

Oh, and we're keeping the Custom!

·
Registered
30 Posts
you know what they say..."happy wife, happy life" glad you're enjoying the sport with your wife. My girlfriend doesn't want to ride.

·
Registered
371 Posts
you know what they say..."happy wife, happy life" glad you're enjoying the sport with your wife. My girlfriend doesn't want to ride.
AAAHH, The bikes perform a lot better without em anyway!:newyear:

·
Registered
591 Posts
Me: This is how I roll babe, are you getting on?
Her: What the he** are you talking about?
Me: Ooh. Nothing.

·
Registered
1,946 Posts
It cost me about 10 grand to please my wife. The cost of a Vulcan 1500. Now we're more than $1500 into mods and add ons. At least she was sensible enough to realize we couldn't afford the Heritage Softail Classic she wanted.

·
Registered
92 Posts
This thread's contents are inconsistent with my impression of the title.

But congrats on satisfying her for hours at a time anyway.

·
just cruzin by!
1,398 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
It cost me about 10 grand to please my wife. The cost of a Vulcan 1500. Now we're more than $1500 into mods and add ons. At least she was sensible enough to realize we couldn't afford the Heritage Softail Classic she wanted.
funny you should mention that.It was the same bike I talked her out of that she wanted me to get in the first place,then the economy went south and well I got the 900 LT instead for 3 time less money.

·
Loving this bike
586 Posts
I just bought a 2001 Yamaha Royal Star Venture to please my wife (this after adding a seat and sissy bar to the 900. She wanted us to get a Gold wing, so this was the compromise. I, too, think I liked it better when she hated bikes.

Oh, and we're keeping the Custom!
The Venture is a GREAT 2 up bike. They are extremely comfortable. I miss mine. I had a 99 that I put 48,000 miles on in 3 years.

·
ULTIMATE Forum Supporter
7,748 Posts
My wife is pretty happy on the Nomad. But she is even happier on her own 883 sportster.
Bingo!

Makes me kinda glad mine don't ride.
Nah, there's nothing better than going for a ride with your spouse/significant other. She's my best riding partner and we've had our best vacations, time together on bike trips, so much so that most trips are now planned around bike trips, or if we fly somewhere we pack our helmets with us and just rent! :)

Oh and the 2nd time I took Jodie for a ride after getting back into it she said "This is boring back here, if we're going to do this "bike" thing, I want my own!" She hasn't been on the back since. :tongue: I am blessed.

·
Is she Blonde?
489 Posts
I am married to a blonde.(see avatar) At least it only cost you $1660. Has cost me hundreds of thousands over the last 15 yrs and she still thinks I am a jerk. Ohhh don't get me started on here.

·
Registered
18 Posts
LMAO...Good Thread..my wife..when she rides behind me has to be comfortable...I have been hinting that she needs her own bike...she has mentioned she is interested ..keep our fingers crossed..been with me for 30 years she loves the ride...as long as it isn't too long..needs to rest the butt every half hour or so...lol

·
Canadian
7 Posts
Oh and the 2nd time I took Jodie for a ride after getting back into it she said "This is boring back here, if we're going to do this "bike" thing, I want my own!" She hasn't been on the back since. :tongue: I am blessed.
Brent & Jodie... you guys still look like a honeymoon couple!! My wife felt the same as Jodie, and bought her own bike after a few rides on the back of my bike.

I feel blessed too!

1 - 20 of 55 Posts