Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was talking to someone yesterday and he was telling me that he cleans his bike with Pledge (Furniture Polish). He sprays it on everything. He says it takes care of all the dust, polishes all the chrome and makes water bead up like regular wax. Has anyone else heard of this? I'd be afraid it might eat up the paint.

·
Spinach Eating Moderator
22,962 Posts
Yep, lots of folks I know use it.

I use carnauba wax myself, but I do know lots of folks that swear by pledge.

*it can attract bees though* :shock:

·
Registered
823 Posts
Pledge!​
Is there nothing it can't do?​

·
V2KTN
87 Posts
I have been using it for years on my windshield, paint, seat and my eye glasses & goggles. No streaks, blemishes, scratches etc. My wife uses it to clean the bathroom mirrors. It is a pretty amazing product.

·
www.learntoride.org
1,364 Posts
The woman I bought my car from only used Lemon Pledge to clean the interior. It doesn't leave an obnoxious shine. I used some cleaner a while back and got off grime that had built up. The furniture polish isn't a cleaner and it leaves a layer of silicon on everything, something to keep in mind if you ever need to prep for paint. We use Quick Detailer on our bikes, and the exterior of the car, for light dirt.

·
Power Hungry V2K Rider
6,395 Posts
I use Pledge on the windshield. Works just fine. Also us it on the wood on the scoot. Use a good carnuba wax on the paint.

·
Black, Chrome, & Leather
108 Posts
I started using Pledge several months ago when I saw a website on motorcycle cleaning where some guy suggested using it instead of waxing too often. Supposedly, it helps keep the dirt and dust from sticking and doesn't leave a buildup in between the couple times a year you wax your bike. I thought it worked pretty well and continue to use it.

You should never use it before washing. Like Obsidian16825 said, it's not a cleaner, and if you put it over dirt or dust and wipe it off, you're going to leave scratch marks as well as not leaving your bike completely clean.

·
Full Circle Rider
1,611 Posts
I used it once. It worked well, but I just didn't care for it. Too slick and it smelled funny...

·
OPEN ROAD IS CALLING
131 Posts
I have used pledge once in a while. My dad always used it on his
goldwing. Now I only use glass cleaner on everything. This cuts the road
grime realy good. Doesn`t hurt the finish. Everything realy shines.

RIDE SAFE
05 1500 CLASSIC
06 750 SHADOW

1 - 20 of 33 Posts