Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I love this stuff. The local shop guy suggested it to clean my helmet - easier to tag bugs off and keep my visor super clean.

I tried it on my windscreen and wow! I was giving up hope on it and Plexus made it look almost new again.

I swear by it and recommend it highly. I also use it for my kids plastic playstuff outside that has been oxidize - what a difference it makes.

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
I'd like to try this stuff out, but you can only order it in quantities of 12 cans from their web site. That would last me, oh about 5 years :) Do you know of any chain auto parts stores, or any others that carry this?

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I picked mine up from Cyclegear, but I haven't really looked around at the auto stores. I have seen it at my dealership though so you may try the auto stores first and then at the dealerships.

I called Beartooth and they can get it for $

7 Oz 5.95
13 Oz 7.95

Novus Plexus - talk to Joe 800-556-3098

·
Registered
62 Posts
Plexus...really good or just hype?

I just wanted some honest opinions on this stuff. I have heard of "miracle" chemicals all my life, and few of them ever perform as advertised. I bought a 1990 Ninja ZX10 this last fall and it is pretty rough. The guy stored it outside in his yard. I was waiting until it warmed up some before I sat down and got serious about cleaning it up. The bike has been down before, and shows numerous scratches on the fairings. The bike is black in color and has white scratches. Will this stuff help with those kinds of scratches. Also, is it safe to use on the windshield. My windshield is clear plastic with almost a haze of really fine scratches as if someone tried to clean it with something that was mildly abrasive. I was curious if it would help that. How about the gas tank. Everything talks about using Plexus on plastic...what about the painted metal gas tank. The reason I ask is for a couple of reasons...one because of overspray, but also because of static. This stuff mentioned how it would "repel" dust. I noticed that my hole bike acts like a dust magnet...more so than any care I have ever been around...almost like dust is attracted to it. So, give me some honest thoughts as to how well this stuff will work on my bike. Thanks.

·
Registered
447 Posts
I've used Plexus for about a year now and I love the stuff! It's great on plastics and I also use it on my painted metal gas tank, my helmet and visor. I had some stock windshields that looked really bad with swirls from years of cleaning and after I used Plexus they looked almost new, the swirls are still there but the plastic looks awesome! It's not very expensive I get the large spray can for about $8 at my local Kawasaki dealer and you can get the smaller cans for about $5 each. So try it out and let us know what you think.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Thanks for the input. I think I will try it out when it warms up a little bit. I am having a hard time deciding on Plexus or Janvil...they both sound like good products. I like what everyone seems to say about Plexus, but I have some scratches that are pretty bad that I think the Janvill system might help more. Anybody tried both and have an opinion?

·
the "fun" guy
32,859 Posts
I've only tried Janvil. I can tell you it really surprised me on the deep scratch on my Yamaha windshield. I thought because the scratch was so deep that it wouldn't work but after 45 minutes of using both grades of polish it was totally clear like the rest of the windshield. Of course it does not make the indentation go away.....that is still there and you can see it at an angle.....but the shield is completely clear....even where the deep scratch was. I could actually see the milky color disappearing as I continued to work on the area and gradually....it became completely clear. Seeing is believeing for me. If you would like pictures let me know and I'll try and take some to show the affected area and how it looks now.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts