Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

pls help, oil problems

467 views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  zedx11 
#1 ·
i have a '93 ninja 250. i put a remote start/alarm on it. i was riding it home last week and it shut down on me. the oil light came on so i decided to attempt an oil change. i bought the oil and filter for the change; 20w-50 and some fram oil filter. i filled the oil to where it's 50% viewable through the looking glass....it won't start. it started before, somehow, but now out of frustration and many reattempts to change the oil, its not starting. what's confusing is...when i use the remote start, everything works fine (this is how i rode it home the rest of the way when it died on me). i don't know what else to do :confused: someone please help. oh yea, another thing, before i was riding it back home, it was dropped (by some stupid kids trying to take it i think). it rode home after that but yea....then my problem started.

#3 ·
ya, i just followed another tutorial on changing the oil. apparently i did it right. i'll take the remote start off the bike and see if it works, but that'll have to wait 'till tmw. i think if it is the remote start messing things up, the alarm should still function. i reallly reallly don't want to mess with the wires again.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.