Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a question on plug wires. I've done car plug wires a thousand times. Tonight I attempted to change the wires on my 96 zx9. Well this is a project I didn't expect. The way I saw it, the wire from the coil to the boot needs to be female on both ends, am I correct or crazy? If someone could help me out here that would be awesome. Any tips or advice would be great. No matter what I attempted I couldn't get the wire in far enough. I'm sure it's very simple but I'm just not seeing it because of aggrevation.

·
AZ's Official Mechanic
5,201 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ok, I figured it was something simple but couldn't figure it out. Thanks. I'll try that tomorrow I already decided to drop back and punt for tonight.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the heads up. I did exactly what you said, while feeling pretty dumb, and everything worked out 100%. I can't believe the diff. in performance I went with new NGKs and MSD 8mm wires. It's like a whole new bike. I also changed the oil and went with Mobile1 10-40 motorcycle oil while I was wrenching. I had a zx6 up until about 4-5 months ago and until now I didn't see a huge diff. in the bikes, now that I have all the maintenance taken care of and it's running the way it should I'm now very impressed. Thanks for the help. Don't think I'm a noob because I'm asking noob questions I just haven't really gotten into doing my own work until recently. I always worked on my car but was afraid to tackle the bike for some reason. I have learned one thing, parts are parts tools are tools and a mechanic is a mechanic. If you have the desire to learn and the brains to ask questions you can handle it. Nothing feels better than fixing your own bike/car/whatever at least in my mind.

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
Since working on bikes I have always felt that it was easier to work on my bike then the car.... Could be the mental block of not wanting to screw things up on the bike since all of us don't want mechanical failures that could hurt us to happen.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts