Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
dirt track racer
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im building a sidecar racer and i have gone with a 83 gpz550 motor in it,
but not knowing to much about bike motors (im an old car nut) id like some help or any helpful info on how to wire up the coils i am using the bikes original loom but not sure on cylinder order or which wire goes where, the wire's are still in pairs which go, on pair are (yellow/red), (black) and the other are (yellow/red),(green) any help would be great.

thanking you,
..jarratt,

·
Registered
145 Posts
yellow/red and the black go to one coil...doesnt matter what side they go on...yellow /red and green go to the other....if the other ends are already connected into loom,you should be good......

·
Navy Vet Search & Rescue
8,843 Posts
Cylinder numbering is 1, 2, 3, 4, left to right as you would be sitting on the bike looking down at the engine. The #1 coil plug wires go to cyl 1 & 4 the #2 coil feeds cyl 2 & 3. It doesn't matter which plug wire goes to which cyl since both wires will fire at the same time every time. Once you have the wires connected as stated above, connect the plug wires. On my bike the black and red/yellow wires go to the #1 coil but yours may be different. If your engine is in running order, trial and error will quickly let you know if you have them correct and it won't hurt anything if you get them backwards. It just won't run.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.