Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want a pocket bike. I have an 18 month old son. He is as good an excuse as any to get one. Any help as to model and or dealer would be appriciated. Also are there sizes of bikes? I think I remember hearing that there was like a pocket and a pocket+ size but I can't find anything to confirm that. Thanks, Rick (& my son C.J.) Once his feet touch he's rolling! P.S. anyone hotrod one up as a race toy...I was thinking of tinkering one up.

·
Registered
605 Posts
I sincerely hope you're not planning on really letting him ride the 50cc, it's still capable of killin the tike even if he only crashes at 20mph...I think the little pocket bikes have a top of 23mph with a 180lbs on it.

P.S. if you are planning on this, I don't know what to tell you except his balance cannot possibly be as good as is necessary yet

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Lord no, I am not an idiot...I am just married! If I say "I" want one I sleep on the couch. If I "got it for him" BUT plan not to give it to him till he is "ready"...then I get to tinker and play on it to "keep it in good working order for when that day comes." But thanks for the concern.

·
Registered
605 Posts
lol, no prob, and nice thinking with the, you have to keep it in good working order for him...

P.S. Try that on a brand spankin new sportbike or cruiser for me would ya?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I did. I failed. But I did get a new yahama vstar silverado because my 500r back tire was too big...P.S. for those who ride them a 500r will not fit a 150/70 battleaxe on the rear...it rubs the swing arm. My dealer put it on. Told me it was fine. I went back to ask him to adjust it when I saw it was rubbing. He said all he could do was sell me a new tire...I asked why he put on a tire that didn't fit. he told me I brought it in and asked him to do it. He then told me again all he could do is sell me a new tire I told him that was the one thing he could not do! Then my wife and I went to lunch and to the yahama dealer in town. He traded me the money I wanted for the bike if I were to sell it on my own. So I rode the 2005 vstar to the first dealer and explained that customer service was important to me. And that it cost him a customer. But anyway anybody got any info on pocket bikes?

·
Registered
605 Posts
ah, taking videos from my sport bike club here in CO :) it's good to know

·
Official BTK Forum Pot Stirrer
37,387 Posts
not really a pocket bike but...

I was watching Horsepower TV yestiday on Spike tv and somebody is making 3/4 size HD clones..problem is..they cost almost as much as a real HD....

·
Registered
23 Posts
HEy, those are called mini crusers or something. pocket bike can be made VERY smal, my brother bought one for his kid who is 3, it only went 12 mph, but was enough for him. Besides here is a video of a young one riding a 50:

http://www.uponone.com/videos.php?id=1445

Anywho, a good bike will cost you about 1-2 grand. you can buy a cheap one of ebay for like 400$. The good ones will cost you, but its your money. +45mph for 2 grand, or 15mph for 400. your choice

1 - 9 of 9 Posts