Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what are the benefits of each? i was looking to upgrade to a K&N filter and was debating on which to buy. Just looking for the pros and cons of each before i buy one or the other.

thanks

·
AZ's Official Mechanic
5,201 Posts
all depends on how mech. inclined you are.
I LOVE PODS !!!! :lol: i can pull my carbs, rejet them, and have them back in within 45mins. basically double that with the stock air box :cry:
people say "youll loose your bottom end torque by using pods" , ive owned 3 bikes in the last 4 yrs that had pods and there was NO power/torque lose on any of them that i could ACTUALLY FEEL. :roll:
so its all about wether you want to deal with the airbox that is gonna need pulled anyways to jet for that K&N or you can eliminate that big box and make your life easier. :wink:

·
Registered
605 Posts
yup, I'd say K&N all the way, I clean my filter like every oil change or sooner, it's not suprising that it pulls up so much dirt considering motorcycles are much more open. The benefits far outweigh the time requirements.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks for the info and i do agree that K&N are hard to beat. Ive had one in every vehicle i've had and hae been pleased with them all.

Has anyone ever tried the K&N jet kit for an ex500. Most jet kits are running 80 dollars but theres is only 25. Makes me kinda suspicious.

Any thoughts?

·
AZ's Official Mechanic
5,201 Posts
they are actually DYNOJUNK kits with the K&N name on them. they are cheap cause the EX500 isnt a big seller more than likely. :wink:

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
QKENUF4U said:
they are actually DYNOJUNK kits with the K&N name on them. they are cheap cause the EX500 isnt a big seller more than likely. :wink:
i called K&N and they are discontinuing them so that could be why they are cheaper. either way...31 to my doorstep.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts