Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
10,122 Posts
Same thing happened w/Dell computers & a bazillion other companies. .....wonder if the thought is ever going to occur to our gubment leaders that the mass exodus of our nation's industries is gonna make unemployment impossible to fix. ........ya gotta think that eventually it might help immigration though......geeze. :cry:

·
Registered
70 Posts
we sent all our jobs overseas beginning in 1980. It was called Globalization, The Global Market place, thats when the investor class was invented. Wonder whose idea that was????(heavily steeped in sarcasm) Greed Kills

·
BACK ON TWO WHEELS
13,542 Posts

·
Vicrory is Mine
2,489 Posts
Now the engineering jobs are going overseas too. I just left a company because they moved 50% of our design projects to an office in India. Got a job with a privately owned US company just to see it bought for an outrageous amount of money 6 months later by an international conglomerate. Now they are bringing an office in India "on line" to help with backlog... I've heard that one before.

·
Vicrory is Mine
2,489 Posts
It's simple, look at the thread title.

Because at the lower level, they (not just Mexicans) are entering our country illegally and taking our jobs. At the higher level manufacturing plants are moving south, taking our jobs with them.

There are a lot of people out or work right now that would love to take the place of that illegal working on the construction site. But that's not going to happen because the contractor does not pay taxes on the illegal... making him much cheaper.

There is a lot of hard feeling going around right now.

·
Registered
466 Posts
The govt doent help with the companies moving their work force to other countries. The companies not only dont have to pay the salary here, they dont have to pay the payroll taxes, required by the govt. They dont have to worry about the union demands. The health cost etc. We the buyers will go to the lowest cost place to buy. So if the companies want to stay in biss. they need to cut their cost so they can sell and still pay their bills. Look at the cheap prices China products sell for. People will buy them over others until they find out it does not hold up. But then the chinese put somthing else out that is cheap and we buy that over the higher priced item.

·
TV Guru
11,779 Posts
Look at the cheap prices China products sell for. People will buy them over others until they find out it does not hold up. But then the chinese put somthing else out that is cheap and we buy that over the higher priced item.
The problem now is, even if you wanted to pay more for something made here, you simply can't.

Seriously, try to buy just about anything anymore that isn't made in China.

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
why is it on almost any type of forum, someone twists almost any type of thread into a mexican Hate Fest, Un****ingbeliveable
I don't hate Mexicans.................I hate Illegal aliens..................if they happen to be Mexican, Guatemalan, Honduran or Chinese has noting to do with it. In actuality, it is people that always play the race card that twists the truth.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts