Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i tried a polish called EXCITES on my bike the other day and found it works great on any aluminum pieces that need to be shined up-i've been using it on my car on underhood
pieces for a while like a/c lines and any unpolished alum. surfaces. just a little elbow grease
and presto it looks like chrome now-the brake master cylinder and controls were looking
a little dingy and now look like a chrome piece. i found it at a car show i was in a while back
but have never seen it in a store-it can be used on anything metal and works quite good :wink:

Excites Pure Metal Polish
8084 N. Davis Hwy | Pensacola, FL 32514
Phone: 850-474-1275 | Email: [email protected]

do a search for excites metal polish and you can see some links to get the whole story :wink:

·
Registered
302 Posts
Does anybody know of a good polish that can remove slight surface rust from old chrome parts?

·
Registered
5,201 Posts
Re: help

kxprocircuit85 said:
uh im really new at this and i wanna put a pic of my 85 on this site ..... how do i do that.....it wont let me insert a pic :? :?:
Click on the Add an Attchment box when posting, then click on the gray box on the filename line ( sorry my comp is in french so I don't know what is written in english probably find or search) then just navigate to the file you want to load.

·
Registered
14 Posts
A guy that I work with sells a polish called Zano. I haven't tried it on my bike yet, but on cars it really gets a deep shine. He has an 86 Vette that wins about any show he puts it in, and this is the only polish he uses. It's pricey, but you can get a lot out of it.

·
Registered
272 Posts
Hummmmm we've got several firetrucks with diamond plate that's nasty. Been looking for a good polish to clean up the diamond plate. Might just have to give it a shot.

Course I might just have to try it on the bike 8)

·
Registered
272 Posts
ZX6RRNewbie said:
Another polish that works really good is Turtle-Wax Scratch and Swirl remover. I used it on my bike and it worked great! It even removed the small stubborn swirls and scratches from my windshield! :D

I hope this helps! :p

Ed
I used Turtle-wax Zip Wax on the bike & then waxed it with Meguiar's. Really like the results after using the Zip Wax car wash 8) 8) 8)

·
Registered
20,973 Posts
question, Have you guys tried using that arm and hammer no dry stuff? TDC (Top Dead Center) Said it was great for bikes, just wondering.

·
Registered
8,245 Posts
For the most part bikes and cars all use the same paints and clearcoats, but as with any new product try to test it out on a small patch of painted surface that isn't in a noticeable area to make sure its going to give you teh results your looking for without stripping your paint.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts