Votes: 0 0.0%
  • no way in hades

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 20 of 73 Posts

·
Guilty By Association
650 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I met up with a friend a couple days ago, he mentioned that he misses riding, so i let him take mine for a spin. He couldn't believe someone would do that. How many of you would have a problem with lending your bike out??

·
IBA#34418
6,332 Posts
Depends.... I would have to trust him completely. But I would be hesitant. I rode with a guy on here that got a bike loaned to him from his friend since he had to sell his. He put some miles on it too...LOL I think he owed him an oil change.

·
Vicrory is Mine
2,489 Posts
I let one of my long time buddies ride the 900 around for a couple of months. No worse for the wear.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Unless it's family, never. I'm more than happy to switch bikes with someone and ride together, but letting my bike out of sight, not gonna happen.

·
I'm your Huckleberry
3,317 Posts
Not going to happen. My answer may have been different if I owned a different bike...but with my current bike, no way in hell.

·
Hardcore Poser
151 Posts
Not even a good friend. I let a good friend I have known all my life borrow my car once and he totaled it being an idiot and trying to race someone. I would hate for that to happen to my bike.

·
The 717
1,271 Posts
I would let a good friend borrow a car but probably not a bike. I wouldn't want to feel responsible if they were in an accident.

·
Riding daily
4,688 Posts
If I trusted him than I would. I have 3 friends that I ride with and we regularly switch bike around.

·
Fat Bottomed Girl
15,029 Posts
Only two people have ever been allowed to ride my scoot. Crysti did once to make sure she was comfortable with it if she ever "had to" ride it home for me. Other than that, a friend of mine who's an MSF instructor and has the means to pay for it should something happen. And that was only once as well. Other than that...nope. :)

·
2007 900 Classic
2,517 Posts
I simply tell people no one rides my bike until after I drop it the first time. 3 years not a scratch. Knock on wood

·
Crazed Zed-head
2,076 Posts
I'm willing to loan out my 96 Fat Boy to good friends.

My older bikes, though, no. On top of the worries about damage to unobtainable parts, I'm also concerned that my older bikes require special skills, or at least familiarity, to handle safely. We're talking marginal brakes, iffy handling, hard to operate controls, etc.

·
Registered
807 Posts
I would only ever let my best buddy take my ride. And only becuase he taught me how to ride and has on more than one occassion let me take his.

·
Patriot Guard Rider
562 Posts
I dont keep the company of untrustworthy friends.....so if your a friend of mine you welcome to borrow my car, my truck, my trailer, my tools and a bike....no problem.

If I cant trust a friend.....then they arent a friend.....period.

·
Rok'n'Rol
192 Posts
"This is my bike. There are many like it but this one is mine. My bike is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life. Without me, my bike is useless. Without my bike I am useless. I must ride my bike true. I must ride more carefully than that cager, who is trying to kill me. I must evade him before he hits me. I will. Before God I swear this creed: my bike and myself are defenders of my livelihood, we are the masters of our life, we are the saviors of all that is sacred. So be it, until there is no life, but peace. Amen."

·
Need Time To Ride
3,247 Posts
My bike, only to my brother. My boat, nobody. My cages, I can't keep track of them. Since they sit for long periods it saves me the trouble of having to exercise them.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Since I signed the paperwork on mine it's been ridden by 3 people. The salesman at the dealer (rode it home because I didn't have a permit or any experience), the mechanic (for obvious reasons), and me. I would let my step-dad if he really wanted to, but he's only expressed mild interest and now he may never ride again. Beyond that, until we can afford to get my girl her own bike it's just me riding it.

·
Old and nasty
517 Posts
If you watch all the court shows on TV you will see how many people are responsible enough to ante up when they wreck your wheels. Even best friends all their lives are on these shows. NOBODY borrow my bike, period. Best way to lose a friend, loan him money or your vehicles

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
If my wife took the riding course, I suppose I would let her ride it. It is, technically, half hers anyway. Beyond her, the only person I would ever even consider would be my younger brother, though I doubt he would ever ask. Without him, none of my junk would stay running, so he can take pretty much anything he wants from me and I won't put up an argument. However, he has never taken advantage of that opportunity.

1 - 20 of 73 Posts