Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, I have a 1990 ZX750F that has a polycarbonate front fender that cracks by the mounting bolts. This is my 2nd fender. Nothing sticks to polycarbonate. It's like a jet fuselage. I have tried epoxy, fiberglass and liquid steel/cement with no luck. The only place that had some type of answer was from England and they couldn't export the product!! Any suggestions?? :?

·
Registered
309 Posts
Did you do a good prep job before doing repair? I work in a body shop. We have used Duramix. They make stuff for all types of plastic and metal repair. We hace a chart at work for what to use certain types of repair. I will try and look at it tomorrow. You can also take a look here and see if you find anything. Our chart shows a more than what is listed here. http://www.autobodysupply.net/duramix.htm

·
the "fun" guy
32,859 Posts
bingcc1 said:
Hey, I have a 1990 ZX750F that has a polycarbonate front fender that cracks by the mounting bolts. This is my 2nd fender. Nothing sticks to polycarbonate. It's like a jet fuselage. I have tried epoxy, fiberglass and liquid steel/cement with no luck. The only place that had some type of answer was from England and they couldn't export the product!! Any suggestions?? :?

I wonder if Shoe Goo would hold? It's really flexible and strong and sticks to about anything. Just a thought.

·
Registered
5,200 Posts
whistle clean said:
I wonder if Shoe Goo would hold? It's really flexible and strong and sticks to about anything. Just a thought.

SHOE GOO! Is that a polite phrase for Dog Sh*it (LOL) that stuff sticks to everything.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts