Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My bike has sat for 2 years, I had the carbs cleaned, a complete tune up, and changed the tires... When I went to ride it, it was ok in first, but then when I tried to put it in second, it popped back into nuetral... Tried a few more times, did the same thing... So then I tried skipping 2nd and going straight to 3rd... Still poppes back to nuetral..
I have a 1992 ZX6D ninja, could someone help me please.... SO that I dont get jurked when I take it to the shop...
What parts are needed, or whats broken?
Thanks in Advance

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
TRY

TRY THIS...we just had a member having the same problems andhe had to readjust his shifting peg...his toe was hitting on it. take off in first, then when you shift into second just hold the shifter up withyour toe and continue to ride in second...it could be something in your transmission after it was setting for a while...if after a mile of so you let off and it stays in second without popping out then try third the same way...PLEASE let us know IF this helps or not!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I tried that when I first road it... HOlding up the gear in second... but it still went back in to nuetral.. The dealer ship seems to think its the shift fork... But they just want my money... do you know anything else it could be?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts