Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2006 Ninja 250r had it since april its been in the shop more that I have had it. Took it for the first service to get done. I bring it home it is leaking oil from the airbox. I take it back they look at it say nothings wrong that they can see, it will stop on its own. I take it to another dealer who has it for 2 weeks. They give it back and say that it is just from them over servicing it. They took two weeks to only put oil back in and tell me that it was fine. IS it possible I can turn this POS back in to them and get a 650r or something thats not broke?

Sorry for the anger but I am PO that I pay for something that is new and broke.

·
Registered
196 Posts
sorry to hear that youve had so much trouble with your bike. although i dont know the details, there is some kind of "lemon" law in most states. maybe try the dmv?

·
Spinach Eating Moderator
22,962 Posts
Inflame said:
thats why you don't buy 250s =/ lol
Did you think posting this would help anyone? I'm sorry that you find it appropriate to laugh at another rider's distress. :|

---------------------------------

Hey 2006, was the Shop that caused the original oil leak problem the same dealer you bought the bike from? If so, I think you have a case against them to either fix it properly at their cost, or let you trade it in for a different bike.

If I were you, I'd keep after them until they satisfy your grievance, and if they flat out refuse, it may be time for legal action.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The dealer I bought it from was 50 miles from where I live. So when the first service was required I took it to a local dealer.The did the service, I took it home and the next day there was oil on my floor......I decided to wipe it down mabe some how they made a mess. Next day another puddle, so I took it back to the dealer that did the service, they looked at it for 30 min and said we dont know why its leaking.It is probably just some that splashed up. I said no its not. SO I was told it might fix it self. So after hearing that bs I went home and waited a day or so still leaking.I found that it was coming from the airbox. SO I took it to where I purchased it and they had it for 2 weeks, I called everyday and finally the 6 or so day in they told me it was coming from the airbox.....NO **** I told you that*&&%*$ So I got a call the next day saying it was finished and nothing was wrong, that it was just over serviced with oil. Which I knew was BS....rode it for 2 days no leak.......the reason 4 that I am guessing is that it needed time to saturate the filter and to start leaking out.....I was right there is a puddle today . :) no not at all happy with the bike or the idiots that work on it.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I also have a 2006 Ninja 250R, have had all your problems plus blown head gasket and valve cover gasket. It has been in the shop 5 times since I purchased it in April. Right now it is in the shop and has been there for 6 days. They don't know when it will be fixed yet. THE WORST BIKE EVER!!!!!!! I dont even have 1700 miles on it yet. I followed break in rpm restrictions and had all services done too. BIG POS!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
capt250 said:
I also have a 2006 Ninja 250R, have had all your problems plus blown head gasket and valve cover gasket. It has been in the shop 5 times since I purchased it in April. Right now it is in the shop and has been there for 6 days. They don't know when it will be fixed yet. THE WORST BIKE EVER!!!!!!! I dont even have 1700 miles on it yet. I followed break in rpm restrictions and had all services done too. BIG POS!!!!!!!!!

hmm. Its possible, (though not acceptable) that you got a bad one in the bunch. Everyone ive ever know who has owned a 250 says they are built like tanks. Problem here or there...nothing as major as yours. Mine is ok. If it was 2006 it should be under warrenty right?

·
Registered
70 Posts
This is the first negative I have hear about these bikes. In both cases I believe you should be able to get it resolved as the problem didn't result from your negligence. Be persistant.

·
Registered
18 Posts
It's all been under warranty so far, But the shop has had more time with my bike than I have. It's really been a total nightmare. Almost makes me wish I never got one.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Do a google search for lemon law lawyers in your area. That's what I'm going to do with my 250. It's an 05 with 1500 miles on it I just bought a month ago. Tons of problems with mine too. Just do what the lawyer tells you to. Find one that will work with you and not one that just says you have a case or not. A good one will tell you what to do to make sure you have a case.

·
Registered
192 Posts
nothing wrong with it

2006ninja250r said:
2006 Ninja 250r had it since april its been in the shop more that I have had it. Took it for the first service to get done. I bring it home it is leaking oil from the airbox. I take it back they look at it say nothings wrong that they can see, it will stop on its own. I take it to another dealer who has it for 2 weeks. They give it back and say that it is just from them over servicing it. They took two weeks to only put oil back in and tell me that it was fine. IS it possible I can turn this POS back in to them and get a 650r or something thats not broke?

Sorry for the anger but I am PO that I pay for something that is new and broke.
Check out the ninja forum. Lots of 250's have this problem. Is there just oil in the airbox? Mine had that too. It wasn't much and was probably just from them overfilling it. Didn't cause any problems. It's not really a problem at all. Have you had any issues with the bike not running properly?

·
Registered
615 Posts
Right it sounds like over filling, but I'm guessing after 6 days of a puddle (not a drop a puddle) that there must be something else wrong. I'd say ride it and make sure the oil doesn't go too low, but would worry about oil going into the intake and the fact it's new, I'd want it 'right' too.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
ok found out the problem supposdly...called the kawasaki consumer line and talked to a guy and he says that this happens every so often....it is a breather tube that needs adjusted in there. He said the dealer should have called them to find this out since they didnt know what the F was going on. SO I take it in tomorrow and the consumer guy said they will call and talk the mechanics through the pursedure. so we will see the outcome capt250 you should call the number and talk to them (949) 460-5688

·
Registered
84 Posts
Why is it that dealers are SO BAD at making repairs and diagnosing problems and yet you take it to a respectable mechanic and withing an hour, he can either tell you what is wrong with it or hopefully point to someone who can.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts