Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Savedsynner said:
Why is it that dealers are SO BAD at making repairs and diagnosing problems and yet you take it to a respectable mechanic and withing an hour, he can either tell you what is wrong with it or hopefully point to someone who can.
I think that is because dealer mostly hires high school graduates as junior mechanics - they are cheap labor, but they don't know too much stuff about bikes.

·
Registered
67 Posts
First I'm sorry to hear of your problems. I have a 250 Ninja and I have had no major problems, except for a flooding problem that I caused by overfilling the gas tank. I drive the crap out of mine. I do my own servicing oil, filter etc. Let the dealer do the valves and just check it over.
One thing I found is alot of dealers are like car dealers they employ R & R mechanics. I felt lucky I found a dealer Cottonwood Motorsports in Cottonwood AZ that has top service personal guys with 30 years in the business. Because of there service dept I bought my bike from them. I think you sometimes need to just take it to a good shop with guys & gals that know motorcycles. After warranty issues are resolved of course.

·
rain is here
2,793 Posts
capt250 said:
Anyone know of any bike shops in the bay area, that take trade-ins??

here is one
Riders Choice Used Bike Warehouse
(408) 734-9800

1292 Forgewood Ave
Sunnyvale, CA 94089

Cross Street:
Between Elko Dr and Mountain View Alviso Rd

www.riderschoiceusedbikewarehouse.com

I have heard that their financing services are really bad.

Personally I have never used them but when I called about a bike they had, they asked for over $200 over the kbb value... just something to keep in mind.

good luck with your stuff.

·
Registered
18 Posts
It is the 4th of July, The shop still has my bike with no end in sight. They have had it since the 2nd week of June. I have spoken to Kawasaki directly they have spoken to the shop 3 times. Apparently between the shop and Kawasaki no one is bright enough to fix the dawm thing. GO KAWY!!!!!! If there are any newbies reading this debateing on what brand to buy DO NOT BUY KAWASAKI!!!! And if you are in northern California DO NOT BUY FROM JORGY"S IN STOCKTON. Save yourself the trouble and get a GIXXER!!!!!

·
Registered
44 Posts
Like I said before, get a lawyer. You didn't pay your hard earned money for this mess. I'll be getting one later this week. I only have one dealership near me and they tell me nothing is wrong and are just idiots. The other dealership which is like 50-70 miles away refuse to work on it. I'll definetly be getting my money back plus legal cost on this POS.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Wow, I have never really heard anything wrong with the 250r's. If those type of problems are happening then the service done to the bike must have been done wrong. I would call Kawasaki yourself and tell them the problem. They might be able to contact your local dealer and replace the bike through a warranty program. Being a 2006 it shouldn't be much of a problem. If they don't there are always lawyers and state laws to help you out if needed to go that route.

GOOD LUCK !

·
Registered
1,872 Posts
Your California Lemon Law Rights
The law provides that when a manufacturer cannot repair consumer goods after a reasonable number of attempts, it must either replace the defective product or refund the consumer's money. Generally, the manufacturer of your "lemon vehicle", as opposed to the selling dealer, bears the final responsibility to re-purchase or replace your defective car, truck, boat, RV, motor home, or motorcycle.

Generally, the consumer, and not the manufacturer, has the option to select either a replacement or a refund. Moreover, consumers do not have to demand what they are rightfully entitled to under the law. Instead, the law requires that the manufacturer initiate an appropriate offer to the consumer once a reasonable number of attempts to repair the defective vehicle has failed.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I've had my Ninja 250 for 13 months, and this weekend, it died gloriously making a pass at about 11,000 RPM (redline is 13,000). After the pass, it would only go 55 at full throttle--must have lost a cylinder. Drove it about another 20 miles trying to limp it home, and a metallic clank-clunk-clunk told me the engine died and it hasn't started since.

Quick note on your oil from the air filter box.. I just serviced my air filter and they tell you to soak the foam filter element in 10W30 oil, then wring it out good before replacing it. If the dealer didn't squeeze the excess oil out, that's probably the oil you were seeing.

·
Registered
2 Posts
2006 Ninja 250r had it since april its been in the shop more that I have had it. Took it for the first service to get done. I bring it home it is leaking oil from the airbox. I take it back they look at it say nothings wrong that they can see, it will stop on its own. I take it to another dealer who has it for 2 weeks. They give it back and say that it is just from them over servicing it. They took two weeks to only put oil back in and tell me that it was fine. IS it possible I can turn this POS back in to them and get a 650r or something thats not broke?

Sorry for the anger but I am PO that I pay for something that is new and broke.
would you sell any parts?

21 - 34 of 34 Posts