Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Giggidy-Giggidy-Goo!
1,623 Posts
Yeah, a lot of the threads here come up on the first page of google when I'm searching for stuff.

Google and BTK is making a lot of us famous.

·
Registered
385 Posts
Dang.... it's not coming up on the first page anymore.

Question, what's the "Stort Story" behind this patch???

I love this patch and want one, but the 'Charter Member' text drops the appeal for me.... some of us that are members of other clubs are not allowed to wear the patches of others, or don't want to show the disrespect to our club by wearing anothers patch.

Can a patch be ordered without this 'branding'? Or can it easily be removed?

Thanks,
Matthew

·
Spinach Eating Moderator
22,962 Posts
...Question, what's the "Stort Story" behind this patch???...
Well, it goes like this...

Once upon a time, long ago, just after the great Smurf Extinction, there arose a new (and thankfully short lived) civilzation of snarky little pests called the "Storts"...

;-)

·
Premium Member
4,749 Posts
Well, it goes like this...

Once upon a time, long ago, just after the great Smurf Extinction, there arose a new (and thankfully short lived) civilzation of snarky little pests called the "Storts"...

;-)
Are you off your meds again? :)

edit: I just read the post you were replying to again. My apologies.

·
Premium Member
4,749 Posts
Matthew - do a thread search for "poser". If you're still worried about the patch's significance after you read it, you should definitely have one. :)

·
Poser Proud®
3,778 Posts
Dang.... it's not coming up on the first page anymore.

Question, what's the "Stort Story" behind this patch???

I love this patch and want one, but the 'Charter Member' text drops the appeal for me.... some of us that are members of other clubs are not allowed to wear the patches of others, or don't want to show the disrespect to our club by wearing anothers patch.

Can a patch be ordered without this 'branding'? Or can it easily be removed?

Thanks,
Matthew
Hello Matt,

You can get the "full story" (many many pages) with just a quick search of this site. The short story is that a member (72Mustang) posted a rant about people being Posers (sic) and the thread took off. Many of us came to the conclusion that indeed, we were Posers and should embrace our Poserness. To do this we would have to have a symbol of our Poserness, and being that most of us do actually ride bikes (only while wearing our poser costumes i.e. fingerless gloves, chaps, chains, dorags, etc) we were only 99% posers. This being settled we had to display our Poserness in the best manor possible. SPOK posed for the image and Skewterdude turned the image into something usable. I proposed a patch (one of the best known "biker" items) and started looking for someone to make the patch. Charlie found a good company and I ordered the first batch. The first 100 patches are almost gone but I have a very few left. These are all the "Charter Member" patches. I have been thinking that if I need to order another batch I will probably change those to "Life Member" for some distinction. We were even think about rockers so we could have different "chapters", but haven't gotten around to that yet. Anyway - the whole thing started as a joke and went wild - what can I say. I wouldn't think anyone should be offended by the patch, but you never know. PM me for more info.

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
You're famous now Ruger!

Ahhh... the sucess of the Poser patch!

Bet you could sell a bunch on eBay....

·
Poser Proud®
3,778 Posts
You're famous now Ruger!

Ahhh... the sucess of the Poser patch!

Bet you could sell a bunch on eBay....
Not just me, lots of members got in on creating the patch. I'm just waiting to see if enough people still want them, and I'll order another batch. I think I have about 5 left. It was kind of cool to google it and see the links. If you do the images google, you have to go in several pages to find a graphic. I was thinking about a rocker with www.kawasakimotorcycle.org to go with the patch, but I'll have to check with BTK before I do that. I would like to get BTK and the forum some recognition.

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
SPOK posed for the image.
Man Ruger, I somehow missed it was Spok's image (now etched in time immordium) on the patch! So now every time I see it I will think of him....
I don't know what to make of that?!?:biggrin:

BTW-The patches are stinkin-beautifully done, great quality, sharp, and look good, thanks!

·
Registered
1,476 Posts
Not just me, lots of members got in on creating the patch. I'm just waiting to see if enough people still want them, and I'll order another batch. I think I have about 5 left. It was kind of cool to google it and see the links. If you do the images google, you have to go in several pages to find a graphic. I was thinking about a rocker with www.kawasakimotorcycle.org to go with the patch, but I'll have to check with BTK before I do that. I would like to get BTK and the forum some recognition.
Hey Ruger, how do you think the 1%ers will react to a rocker? They are pretty nasty around here, in regards to vest rockers. They even give the Patriot Guard rockers on vests the thumbs down.

D

·
Registered
2,743 Posts
I knew something like this is going to happen soon and it will be a huge success. I support the poser crowd...:biggrin:

Looks like the first batch of patches sold out fast. :eek:

·
Wannabeabigbike Owner
745 Posts
was maybe

if you type motorcycle patches into google images, the Poser patch comes up on the first page!!!:eek: Just thought it was something ppl might want to get a laugh from...
I had to search on "motorcycle patches poser" to get it.

·
Wannabeabigbike Owner
745 Posts
thimbs?

Hey Ruger, how do you think the 1%ers will react to a rocker? They are pretty nasty around here, in regards to vest rockers. They even give the Patriot Guard rockers on vests the thumbs down.

D
You gotta remember Dave, a thumbs down from the 1%'ers is a thumbs UP from the rest of the world!! It's kinda like that "an enemy of my enemy is my friend" thing!! (which I have found not to work all the time!)

:mrgreen: :mrgreen:

1 - 20 of 64 Posts