Registered
758 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Ruger???? Do you mind if I put Poser Proud® on my signature?:lol:

·
Poser Proud®
3,778 Posts
Hey Ruger???? Do you mind if I put Poser Proud® on my signature?:lol:
I think all Posers should use it. Be my guest:biggrin: Actually we should probably copywrite it so..... here it is Poser Proud© is now the property of all the Posers on the Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums! Now Ezzie, if you see anyone use it that is not one of "us" you can sue um.:wink:

·
Deeppurple52
2,072 Posts
Proud?

Ezzie... So I take it from your post that you are actually proud of being a poser? Interesting.

·
Registered
2,218 Posts
you never saw the thread?

Ezzie... So I take it from your post that you are actually proud of being a poser? Interesting.
I take it you haven't seen the thread about posers on here? We're all proud posers! I'm willing to bet you are as well. You just don't know it yet.
Come to think of it. I haven't seen a post by 72Mustang on here since. I wonder if hes decided to move on or just laying low. Or perhaps changed his name. :)

·
Registered
30 Posts
Isn't it spelled poseur?

A poser is basically one who poses for an artist or a photograph, while a poseur is one who attempts to impress others by having an attitude or identity other than one's own...

Sorry...lit major in college...

·
Spinach Eating Moderator
22,962 Posts
A poser is basically one who poses for an artist or a photograph, while a poseur is one who attempts to impress others by having an attitude or identity other than one's own...

Pffft...bloody linguists... :roll:

·
Poser Proud®
3,778 Posts

We did it (spelled it poser) on purpose, kind of a "in joke" thing. There was a thread about that somewhere on here.

·
Poser Proud®
3,778 Posts
Sorry I download anything I see on the Internet that is copy protected. It is just the pirate in me coming out.
:lol: I hate to tell you, but I copyrighted (is that a word) it and I gave permission for any member of the Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums to use it, so it was yours anyway:biggrin:

·
Registered
2,218 Posts
As i said!

Like i said in the above post. You obviously didn't read the thread from Mustang about posers. We've all decided to adopt the word for our own use. Makes it much less confusing.

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
" Last year I couldn' even spell poseur... Today I is one........."

·
got lost along the way
23,356 Posts
Consider it stolen :)
Can you steal from yourself?
Well I've done it anyway :)

One proud Poser (in either spelling) at your service!

·
Registered
758 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
This is going to be a whole lotta fun

·
Registered
187 Posts

Let me see now, one who is actually a "hardcore" but attempts to exude "poseur" qualities would be referred to as an "imposeur", much in the same light as an ill concieved bit of posturing would be referred to as an "imposter", am I correct in my premise or am I being too William Blake in my attempt at enlightenment?

BTW, artists refer to those that painfully sit still for us as "models", how they do this is through the "pose". Model is the noun and pose is the verb. See where I'm going with this?

I'm just an old hillbilly and all this micro managing of poser vs hardcore, while very funny (I've been LMBO since last night), there must be a difinitive answer to this quandry. Someone from my really interesting youth, once said, "If it feels good, do it. If it feels real good, do it again!" Life is just a quest for happiness and relevance anyway........can't we all just "get along"!

·
Poser Proud®
3,778 Posts
You just need to join the club! The new batch of patches is in. I posted it over on the Off Topic thread. :)

·
Swank
1,135 Posts
"Poseur" sounds French to me. I don't have a beret, a crusty 'stache under the beak or a girl with smelly, hairy pits so... ;)

(someone name the comedy album I ripped part of that from!)

1 - 20 of 29 Posts