Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok i work at an auction and have access to this bike, don't know anything about it, was abandoned, or towed for whatever reason (illegally parked usually), it's an '88 ninja 600, zx6? you know what i know beyond that! any input? max i should pay? things to check beyond the obvious (oil, siezed engine, tranny shifting, etc...)

·
AZ's Official Mechanic
5,201 Posts
if you can start it, listen to it, let it run for awhile to look for leaks,sounds etc. then go for it. most of the plastic is missing but you could make a cool street fighter out of it. looks ridable the way it is. make sure it has good tires,chain,etc.
i would prob. go for 800$ or so if it runs fine. i would also make sure you can atleast TEST RIDE it around the parking lot to check for proper shifting thru ALL GEARS etc.
good luck :wink:

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
uh you're dreaming lol, all items sold as-is where-is with no warranty's expressed or implied. it'll probably go for 100-150$.

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
I'd buy it for $150. If you couldn't get it to work like you want you could sell off some of the parts or whats left of it at least.

You are missing quite a few pieces of the fairing. Take a look at the fork seals, carbs, brake resevoir, coolant resevoir and oil window for color of fluids to give you a hint. Look at the screws and body for rust.

The bike is easy to work on and lots of parts available.

·
AZ's Official Mechanic
5,201 Posts
well **** man if its gonna go for 150$ buy it up and spend a grand on it to get it how you want it. for 1150$ i would be all over it (but then i can fix anything wrong with it myself :wink: ) if you dont have the know how to fix it then dont do it.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
1000$ in to it? you got to much money man. i'm a poor white guy, i don't have money to blow on a motorcycle, hence why i'm looking at one for 150$. got a buyer for my 750 for 400$, so i'd still make a nice 100$ profit. fully aware on how to fix any problem that comes along, wether i'll feel like fixing it is a different story.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
1Adam12 said:
I'd buy it for $150. If you couldn't get it to work like you want you could sell off some of the parts or whats left of it at least.

You are missing quite a few pieces of the fairing. Take a look at the fork seals, carbs, brake resevoir, coolant resevoir and oil window for color of fluids to give you a hint. Look at the screws and body for rust.

The bike is easy to work on and lots of parts available.
thanks, whats a good resource for the older ninja parts? the bike is in a lot that is filled with large rocks for turf, so rolling it and kickin it in gear won't work to see if it's siezed so i'll have to kick it in 1st and tug on the tire heh. i've sat on the bike and it looks ok, forks are straight, looks like the previous owner was riding it as-is, we'll see how it goes. thanks for the input guys.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
i have a '90 gpx750 that needs lots of attention but the vin number ran away so...thats why i was looking for a different project, but i guess i'll mess with the 750.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts