1 - 20 of 239 Posts

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
please post your dyno charts here:

we get so many questions regarding hp/tq ratings with and without mods
on different model kawis - hopefully if you will post your results here we can
get some real world figures for reference: PLEASE POST CHARTS ONLY!!
that way we can all SEE the results and make good estimates of upgrades.

thanks in advance for sharing and post away............;)

·
Registered
48 Posts
Yamma,
Thanks for posting.
I'm curious, at what RPM do you shift your 800 a) to not "lug" the engine, b) for an easy, but spirited take off c) when you want to impress your Brother-in-Law, (the HD 883 guy)?
Alan

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Mean Streak Dyno Chart

well my "Kuryakyn" hypercharger has been finally fitted to my Mean Streak , not only does it look very . it actually woken the engine from the dead , the Meanie is like a new bike .
the guy's @ "Racereplica Kawasaki" done a exellent job , i got Cobra speedster's , PC111 , but the custom map done has to be the single biggest improvement my money has bought .
the custom dyno map taken close to 10hrs to perfect , the Meanie was taken on & off the dyno 6 times in order to get the map perfect . the end result was approx 84HP @ the rear wheel . am very with the way the Meanie is running , the power / torque curve is so smooth & power is awesome .
p.s. i posted a print out of the dyno result's , they show stock bike run to fitting of exhuast & then hypercharger .

DATA SUPPLIED BY MEAN 1 ....................................

Attachments

·
Registered
2 Posts
I'm dying to get mine on a dyno...

2005 V2K limited
3" Hard Krome DD drag pipes
Baron's BAK induction system
PCIII
Metzler 240 for the rear

There is a HUGE difference seat-of-the-pants...but right after the upgrades/cosmetic work were complete, Ol' Man Winter finally brought his *** through here, so only about 80 miles on it since

·
Registered
2 Posts
I suppose I coulda just posted a blank screen since I just updated my signature...not the sharpest tool in the shed today...lol

·
R.I.P. Deron Harden
2,698 Posts
Stock and with Cobra Speedster Shorts...

With pipes and pipes, PCIII and Thundermfg Tornado airkit...

·
Official BTK Forum Pot Stirrer
37,387 Posts
2004 1500 Classic - Robin

Overall Performance Increases Resulted in the following

Stock Dyno 1 Dyno 2 Total Increase % of Increase

HP 48.16 51.88 59.53 11.37 23.61%

Tq 60.07 67.87 77.68 17.61 29.32%

Here is the first dyno run on my 1500, I'll see if I can find the second one and post it too.

This is with Vance and Hines Straightshots pipes and a jetkit with stock airbox w/K&N Filter. the stock numbers include the pipes as I installed them myself the day before.

Here is my 2nd dyno tune on the 1500. this is with vance and hines with a new jetkit and Caddman mod

·
R.I.P. Deron Harden
2,698 Posts
It's amazing the difference we can make with just a few mods.
Gotta get the big girl (boy?) on the Dyno now Dave!

·
37,387 Posts
kingofwings said:
It's amazing the difference we can make with just a few mods.
Gotta get the big girl (boy?) on the Dyno now Dave!

mmmmm hmmmm!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Looking For info of what Map to use

I have a 2002 Kaw Vulcan 1500 Classic FI with V&H Longshot with the baffles removed PcIII usb and I HyperCharger, so I am looking for advice on what map to start with and how to adjust it for the best performance.

·
Registered
594 Posts
Here is what I noticed about the huge jump in performance for Kawasaki Cruisers. Especailly from Carb to FI.

My 2006 Vulcan 900 as per the Service Manual Specifications.

50HP @ 5 700RPM
58 ft-lb Torque @ 3 700 RPM

More stock horse power than the 1500 and nearly as much torque. Are these specifications on the service manual from the crank or from the rear wheel?

Spok said:
2004 1500 Classic - Robin

Overall Performance Increases Resulted in the following

Stock Dyno 1 Dyno 2 Total Increase % of Increase

HP 48.16 51.88 59.53 11.37 23.61%

Tq 60.07 67.87 77.68 17.61 29.32%

Here is the first dyno run on my 1500, I'll see if I can find the second one and post it too.

This is with Vance and Hines Straightshots pipes and a jetkit with stock airbox w/K&N Filter. the stock numbers include the pipes as I installed them myself the day before.

Here is my 2nd dyno tune on the 1500. this is with vance and hines with a new jetkit and Caddman mod

·
37,387 Posts
Easyrider32 said:
Here is what I noticed about the huge jump in performance for Kawasaki Cruisers. Especailly from Carb to FI.

My 2006 Vulcan 900 as per the Service Manual Specifications.

50HP @ 5 700RPM
58 ft-lb Torque @ 3 700 RPM

More stock horse power than the 1500 and nearly as much torque. Are these specifications on the service manual from the crank or from the rear wheel?
crank...

dyno's are rear wheel

·
Registered
594 Posts
Nice jump in Power. I would really like to see how well a Vulcan 900 does after Exhaust, Intake and PCIII. I'll be doing an upgrade myself.

BTW is there any differance between the thunder Tornado vs Hypercharger or any other Thunder Intake?

1 - 20 of 239 Posts