Before mapping with every thing added
Max power= 54.70
Max torque= 56.66

After mappinng
Max power= 56.70
Max Torque= 58.89

Mile on bike 17,000
Dino oil used
Hmm, seems a bit lower than expected. NSeeSee has a very similar setup to you (BAK vs Arlen Ness) and he has 4 Hp more ans 2 more Ft.Lbs. Not drastic just less than I would have guessed.

What was your compensation factor? That could have a lot to do with it.

·
Registered
528 Posts
Updated Vn 900 calculator

I updated the calculator a bit. Added Oilfield Trash's Dyno number to the performance tab and added a quick and dirty 1/4 mile performance calculator that uses some old tried and true drag strip formulas I know. Just not too sure how valid they are on a motorcycle - but they do show a similarity between Motorcycle Cruiser's Testing.

Attachments

·
Registered
7 Posts
mrmegadeth,
SAE smoothing 5

Base run time 10:15 AM 65 degrees F 29.80 in-hg, humidity 19% SAE:97
Max Power = 54.70 Max torque = 56.66

Last run run time 10:22 AM 65. 69 degreesF 29.81 in-hg, humidity 16% SAE:97
Max Power = 56.34 Max torque = 58.39

·
Premium Member
1,037 Posts
Moderators, the question came up as to why this is no longer a sticky? I would think it qualifies since it is referenced and added to over time. It is a pain to have to search for it and new folks don't have a clue it exists so they end up asking "what can I do to improve performance and what can I expect?".

·
Registered
449 Posts
Well I finally dynoed my bike with and without pipes. In the hopes of getting many horses more.

Before pipes

I do have a FI2000R and BAK on the bike. Settings for FI2000r 420 (basic)

After pipes (2 into 1 Sideburners)

I changed the FI2000R to 321 (from what I read on the boards for a similar setup). The guy that did the dyno said that if I had a PCIII he could probably get another 4 to 5 hp and few lbs of torque. They don't have the equipment to Tune a FI2000R so I will have to play with the settings. He told me that the dips in the curve were likely caused by the bike running too lean or way too rich at that point. So I am going to try to play with the settings.
any suggestions?

·
Nobody Home
1,768 Posts
I changed the FI2000R to 321 (from what I read on the boards for a similar setup). The guy that did the dyno said that if I had a PCIII he could probably get another 4 to 5 hp and few lbs of torque. They don't have the equipment to Tune a FI2000R so I will have to play with the settings. He told me that the dips in the curve were likely caused by the bike running too lean or way too rich at that point. So I am going to try to play with the settings.
any suggestions?
Yes. Find a dyno operator that actually has some idea what he's doing. You can't adjust a Fi2000 like a PCIII but you can (within limits) adjust it. Your dyno operator can't just sit back let Dynojet's software do it. He has to tweak the pot and make another run until you get the best compromise.

"the dips in the curve were likely caused by the bike running too lean or way too rich at that point." Yes, that and pipe design. The A/F ratios should be on the chart so you can see and not guess. You pay for the dyno testing so you're not guessing. You can stay home and guess for free. The problem is that with a Fi2000 when you add fuel (and you can only add fuel, not subtract) to correct the lean spots your rich spots get richer. That's what I meant by compromise.

·
Registered
2 Posts
So, I've got an 2010 VN900 which is, sadly, still in break-in. I've also ordered a set of the Roadhouse 2-into-1's, a BAK, and a PCV.

It's a long time before I'll be able to get this dyno-tuned (don't even want to think about what that would do to a bike with 200 miles total on it), but I have a question. Once I get the pipes, PCV, and BAK all dialed in by a tuner, if I decide to add the Scootworks front pulley, I'm guessing I should still pull more HP and torque than stock, yes? Meaning, with this setup, I'll get the best of all worlds: at least equal "oomph" off the line and while passing, and a much mellower freeway speed ride.

Thoughts?

·
Registered
4 Posts
06streaker, Got some much needed tuning done today, here are the results ('06 Meanie, Muzzy big bore kit, Thunder cams, ported heads/intake by me, Muzzy 2-1 exhaust, Forcewinder intake, PCIII): he got 98HP and 106lbs T

I have a 2008 1600 mean streak.
It has a hypercharger, PCIII, debaffled pipes with the CC taken out and pipes straight to mufflers, muzzy big bore kit with cams, heads ported and air inlet cleaned up.
On the dyno it made 85 RWHp and 102lbs of torque.
I dont know why it is so different to 06streaker can someone please explain why to me???

·
Registered
12 Posts
Got my 07 1600 NOMAD back from Dyno. I think I got taken, bike as boggy as before and now after 2 tanks of gas I'm averaging about 28 mpg. Looked through every graph on this thread and mine "looks" comparable but the gas mileage is way out. I'm hooking my Laptop to the bike in the morning and looking at the map they loaded. It better not be the stock one the bike went in with. Also notice the Label "700 Raptor" on the run sheet, I hope they just forgot to change the title and this doesn't effect the whole run. If so I'm gonna strangle somebody.

Can I adjust the PCIIIUSB with the L/M/H buttons and change the mpg without messing the runs??
Tried attaching graph but wouldn't stick.

·
Chromaholic
1,249 Posts
Got my dyno tune done and boy am I disappointed. Not so much in the improvement from the tune but in the total output which seems woefully less than anyone elses. Ashamedly, here are the charts:

The improvement probably would have been more dramatic if he'd reset it to zero map for the baseline instead of with the Thunder map I had loaded. Oh well.

·
Once I had $$ now a bike
115 Posts
Re: Post Dyno Charts Here.....Bump on great thread.

Thought I would bump an old thread for those of you who have not seen it.
Great info.

·
Registered
1,946 Posts
We had my wife's 07 VN1500 dyno'd after adding a Baron Air Kit, PC3 and VH 2:1 pipe, 69hp and 87 torque. Stock is 54.6hp and 73.6 torque

·
Registered
1 Posts
Here is my current ride... I am starting the mods to it that I did to my 1999 800 20 years ago... I rung as many horses out of that bike that were possible.. I wish I still had it, it was ported and polished, pipes, hypercharger, jets etc etc etc... At the time is was the horsepower king at Thunder Manf. They tuned and dyoed it

My 900

My 800

We will see what I can do with the 900...

·
Registered
5 Posts
Here is my 07 meanstreak

please post your dyno charts here:

we get so many questions regarding hp/tq ratings with and without mods
on different model kawis - hopefully if you will post your results here we can
get some real world figures for reference: PLEASE POST CHARTS ONLY!!
that way we can all SEE the results and make good estimates of upgrades.

thanks in advance for sharing and post away............;)

Attachments

221 - 239 of 239 Posts