Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
99%er
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was sitting here thinking about my bike and what i could do to make it stand out and i came up with maybe incorporating RED into my bikes theme. In particular my 16" apes that are going on soon and maybe the rim around the headlight.
Has anyone seen a set of apes other than chrome or black?

·
Registered
15,327 Posts
My bike is black with blacked pieces. Also, maybe doing the rims the same as the bars and headlight rim. With white walls. I think that might look pretty cool.
Black bars? Seen that done plenty of times and you can actually buy them black now. Something I'm planning on doing when I put on apes in the spring. ;)

·
Stealth Custom
4,838 Posts
$250 to do a set of rims? thats crazy unless its some kind of candy red or you have spoked wheels and you are doing the hubs, spokes, and rims. I only charge $100 to do a set of mag style rims. I charge $25-30 for most handlebars
Sounds about right. Two years ago it was $100 a wheel, now it's up to $125 a wheel....around here at least.

Robb

·
Registered
131 Posts
I need to set my stuff up somewhere else, one of the highest guys around me is $150 for a set of motorcycle wheels. I would love to get $250 a set. I only charge $200 for a set of 15" car wheels, and when people call me they are like "really that much?"

I love the red and black theme, but I guess I am kind of partial.

·
My hat is made of tinfoil
20,826 Posts
I tried to match the blue on my bike with a powder coat blue. I didn't know there was so many different blues...lol. They could not do it.
Wow, thats too bad.

The powder coating place i have used many times has a scanner, and it scans any colour you want, and then it tells them what to mix together, or order if need be to get a perfect match.

They can match basically any colour, and its impossible for me to tell it from the original paint.

I have had engine cases, bars, wheels, swingarms, fenders, tanks, frames, triples, footpegs, kickstands etc all done.

·
Registered
2,025 Posts
Wow, thats too bad.

The powder coating place i have used many times has a scanner, and it scans any colour you want, and then it tells them what to mix together, or order if need be to get a perfect match.

They can match basically any colour, and its impossible for me to tell it from the original paint.

I have had engine cases, bars, wheels, swingarms, fenders, tanks, frames, triples, footpegs, kickstands etc all done.
I guess the paint shop I went to was not set up to do that. Oh well it was not a big deal anyway. It was only 3 or 4 small items...black works. Silly prices to pay imo anyway, if I was to do it over again I would just use some spray paint.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.