Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am trying to take my hobby to the next level if you need any small parts done shoot me a pm. right now I have to be able to hang the part in a 18"x18"x18" oven, hopefully I can work up to getting a bigger oven. You can check out some of my work here: Pictures by streak125 - Photobucket

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
here are a few prices on a couple of parts if interested shoot me a pm. if you use a powder i have in stock I can do each part a few dollars cheaper, I have matte black, textured mignight black 0-10%gloss, starlight red, deep burgendy metallic, red metallic, mirror red, single stage chrome (does not look anything like real chrome), mirror black, bike black, and semigloss black.

-clutch/brake levers $15
-triple tree upper $20
-triple tree lower $35 ( you must remove bearing and if you want the rough part off the cast you will have to sand it, The only sanding I do is with the sandblaster to rough up the surface so the powder will stick better.
-sissy bar with brackets small $35 large $45
-fender stut covers $20
-foot brake and shifter lever $20
-rear brake bracket $15
-handlebar risers $15
-kuryakyn stilletto handlebar ends $10
-switch covers $20 you must take them apart $60 if I take them apart, I hate doing it
-all nuts, washers and bolts $.50 each, but this is only with doing other stuff of the same color

Also still working on the master cylinders with sight glasses for those interested, hope to have one done and tested this week, they will be roughly $100 for the set in standard colors(this is you sending me your master cylinders), when I am done with my test set I will sell them for $50 + your stock ones, they are semigloss black (they are off a 2007 meanstreak, will fit some other kawi models as well). I can do them without sight glasses too, but I dont know a price yet cause my welder didnt charge me for mine, but if I take more to him he will be charging me., and I have another filler idea that might be cheaper and work as good.

Prices include light sandblasting and cleaning part for adhesion, masking off areas that you dont want powder, standard color, and coating, if you want a clear coat to help durability add 30% I can do flat, semigloss, or gloss clears. Most powders are ok without the clearcoat. Shipping is not included in the price, I mostly use usps for smaller parts, it is rarely ever more than $13 an usually between $5 and $10 depending on part. The more you get done the more I can discount prices. If going over chrome the chrome must be in good shape. If it is pitting I can blast it down, but the price goes up and the outcome is not guaranteed, because you really dont know how bad it is until you start. I can pretty much do anything smaller than a breadbox so if you need something just let me know. I take papal or money orders,
As of right now I can only do smaller parts, but if I can get this going a little bit I am going to buy a bigger oven.

·
Registered
11,328 Posts
I'd imagine so, probably bead blast it to make the powder stick followed by baking in the oven.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts