Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Taste better comin up!
453 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
has anyone every powdercoated stock wheels? i used to work for a place that would powdercoat anything an employee could bring in for free. i see an old co-worker every now and then. and now i have my bike. i am thinking of asking the 1st one i see again to get this done for me. ofcourse i would pay them for the trouble. but would still be a fraction of paying elsewhere. my question is has anyone done this before? and would this be safe for the wheels? my bike is black and now has the rear half stickers removed. im thinking of making the wheels either black or 1 of 2 shades of blue (dark "ford" to bright "new holland") they have (right now they are purple. i know purple on a 250 shut the [email protected] up lol). what would you chose? thanks for your feedback

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
I want to do my EX with white rims. It's so friggin old school. A pain in the *** to keep clean but I want to do an 80s stripe paintjob and nothing screams 80s sport bike like white rims lol

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
has anyone every powdercoated stock wheels? i used to work for a place that would powdercoat anything an employee could bring in for free. i see an old co-worker every now and then. and now i have my bike. i am thinking of asking the 1st one i see again to get this done for me. ofcourse i would pay them for the trouble. but would still be a fraction of paying elsewhere. my question is has anyone done this before? and would this be safe for the wheels? my bike is black and now has the rear half stickers removed. im thinking of making the wheels either black or 1 of 2 shades of blue (dark "ford" to bright "new holland") they have (right now they are purple. i know purple on a 250 shut the [email protected] up lol). what would you chose? thanks for your feedback

Yup done bike wheels, truck wheels, trailer wheels, it rocks. :biggrin:

·
Registered
122 Posts
The only issue you will run into, in theory. If you replace the tires it will chip the powder coating.

·
03 ZX-12R
609 Posts
Yes, I would be a bit more cautious of who I let change the tires, but a good shop can do it no prob.

·
Registered
11,821 Posts
Rim tape is better accent...Unless you are powder coating it an exotic color. I am PermaChroming my rims which is totally different from standard chroming techniques. Don't put to much effort into a 250...Not worth it...Do any financially involved upgrades on your next bike unless you are keeping this 250 for several years.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts