Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I currently have a 2007 Mean Streak with Roadburner Exhaust. I had the dealer install the exhaust and power commander and I'm just curious how much adjusting I would need to do with the power commander if I put on a Thunder Air Kit. I don't see a map for my bike on the power commander site. I don't know much about the power commander and was just trying to figure out what I needed to know before getting the air kit.

·
Slow Guy on a Fast Bike
25,224 Posts
Your best bet (in a perfect world) is to find an authorized Dyno-tuning facility and have a custom map made.

In this real world, check out the map database on the Power Commander site and find the map that most closely resembles your set-up. That is what I did with my old MS, and it worked just fine.

·
R.I.P. Deron Harden
2,698 Posts
A lot....
Adding all that air will REALLY change your map requirements. I've had mine dynoed with a custom map. Carlo, I and several others have messed around with DOZENS of maps and it seems the biggest thing is matching the air intake. After that, if you can't match the pipe, match the STYLE of pipe. 2-2, 2 into 1. Most of my quirks, came from the zero throttle point in the PCIII being a bit off. sthrnrider is right, that Thunder Map should be a great starting point.

·
Thanks to all Veterans!!!
16,933 Posts
I'd say that since you paid all that money for a PCIII, spend a little more and have it Dyno'd. That's the only way to maximize your performance. Other maps come close, but leave room for improvement.

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
Yep, like TrikeBubble said. Check out PowerCommanders site and get a close match. Best bet is to use a map that closest matches your intake. Air intake and flow characteristics are more critical than exhaust. You won't have any probs with one of their maps... troop

·
Thanks to all Veterans!!!
16,933 Posts
$250 for a custom map sounds about right. But you spent about double to get a power commander instead of some other form of fuel processor. Why not get all you can out of it??

1 - 9 of 9 Posts