[email protected]

he's the best tuner in the south as far as i'm concerned-
and his prices are hard to beat! he will map it the right way :wink:

·
Registered
302 Posts
power commander maps

Hey Bike,
I was just checking the forum and saw your comment about Johnny Cheese. Has he tuned one of your bikes? The reason I'm asking is that I've called every one of the dynojet tuning centers in Texas and Johnny is the only one that talks like he really is interested in doing the the job right. I've discussed going with pipes (he recommends V&H Pro Pipe) power commander with custom map, thunder air kit(7 inch round) to get the max power from my 1500Classic FI. My main hold up is that I would really like to hear these pipes ON a bike! I like the looks of the 2 into 2 pipes much better on a V twin but the ones I've heard are just too loud for my taste (even with baffles in). Please let me know more about your dealings with him.
Thanks!
Lonestar

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
re

johnny has not tuned a bike for me as my new 1600 is the first fuel injected bike i've ever owned-but as soon as its out of warranty he WILL tune it!! unless i find somebody better :wink:

however, there are 2 bikes in my club that have been tuned by johnny.
1 is a nomad and the other is a meanie-i've ridden both bikes and performance is
substanially better- his setup for the kawi's (PCIIIUSB/thunder kit) has been the
set up of choice by nearly everyone who really wants to tune the bike right!
i have picked his brain a few times about air/fuel ratios in different rpm bands and stuff like that - and the guy is so very helpful its unreal-its a wonder he gets any sleep at all right now
cause everybody is hunting him down :( - i wish more folks with that kind of expertise
were as willing to help as johnny is.

i endorse his set up for the kawi f/i bikes cause i've seen em',ridden em',and know how much it cost to do it . and his philosophy about how to obtain max h/p from motors is inline
with the way i was brought up,which is if your gonna mod and tune then do it right

·
Registered
302 Posts
power commander tuning/Johnny Cheese

Bikeaholic,
Thanks for the reply, I could tell that Johnny was really trying to help me by the amount of time he's spent on the phone with me explaining different set-ups and their end effects on my bike. Does anyone you ride with have the V&H 2 into 1 Pro pipe on their bike ? If so how does it compare in loudness and tone too other pipes?

·
Registered
302 Posts
power commander tuning/Johnny Cheese

Bikeaholic,
Thanks for the reply, I could tell that Johnny was really trying to help me by the amount of time he's spent on the phone with me explaining different set-ups and their end effects on my bike. Does anyone you ride with have the V&H 2 into 1 Pro pipe on their bike ? If so how does it compare in loudness and tone too other pipes?

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
re

i'm not sure lonestar-i'll have to check,we have alot of riders that don't ride on a regular basis
with us so i'll ask around-

the meanie is running a muzzy and the nomad is running v&h duals
the muzzy isn't that loud to me - has a nice sort of flat track bike sound
i bet the pro pipe is louder - typically though the 2-1 pipes are not as loud a 2-2
at least to me anyways :wink: (except for maybe roadhouse)i just remembered a
800 volusia that runs a rh 2-1 and that thing is LOUD :lol:

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
re

no problem 04 :wink: that's what we're here for!

i'm only passing on what i've learned and tried from somebody else
when you hit something sweet like that set up you have everybody should reap the rewards :lol:

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
re

little update here:

for those of us in the east johnnycheese performance will recommend
these guys for tuning the vulcans:

http://www.leesperformance.com

so it appears we have 2 excellant tuners here in the south!

if you live near lees place and need a custom map this is probably
the best place

1 - 10 of 10 Posts