Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently purchase a set of 3" long straights from Hardkrome for my 2003 1600 Classic and was wondering if anyone has found a map for these pipes. I have used the vance and hines map, but when I let off the gas in the midrange I get a poping sound that is a little louder than normal. I believe this would indicate a lean condition. Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
re

i would contact hard krome for a map for your set-up-many pipe mfgs will do this -i know muzzy will.you can even buy custom maps on ebay now and then or copy one from
another owner. but prolly the best way is to find a GOOD dyno man and map it on the
dyno with a sensor in the pipe-good choice of pipes by the way :wink:

the popping is from the reed valves blowing air into the exhaust-did you block them off?
or put a marble in the hose? you should disconnect all the smog crap while your in ther
and the popping should settle down :wink:

·
Registered
137 Posts
Re: re

bikeaholic said:
the popping is from the reed valves blowing air into the exhaust-did you block them off?
or put a marble in the hose? you should disconnect all the smog crap while your in ther
and the popping should settle down :wink:
Correctimundo..... see this site for some help on the reed valve situation (and anything else you want to know about these big Kaws).

1 - 3 of 3 Posts