Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

New to Kawasaki Forum & new Nomad Owner
Recently purchased 04 Nomad in April. Already put on 4500 miles.
Looking into changing the exhaust to get more of that V-Twin sound. I'm leaning towards the Cobra Pipes compared to the V & H since they maintain that OE look. Cobra of course recommends their FI2000 to connect to the ECU. I've read of other riders using the Power Commander. Both units are programmed for your bike at the factory.
I assume both do the job fine. However, what is the advantage of going with a PC instead of the FI2000 unit? Any imput would be appreciated.

·
Registered
487 Posts
you should not have to use either just for a pipe change. but if you change the intake, that's another story. i use the powercommander with a thunder air kit and BUB pipes on my meanstreak. the advantage of the powercommander is greater tunability. good luck and great riding to you :D

·
Registered
30 Posts
Heads up!

Just a heads up, but........if you search Ebay right now for the Cobra tri-pot FI2000 there is a guy selling them brand new for $99 plus $7 shipping. Very, very cheap considering they sell for $200 from Cobra. I already ordered mine. I searched cruisercustomizing for any unit that anyone had used on their bike and no one left a bad review on any application. The Cobra unit may not be as tunable as the PCIII but should still help. I'm not going to be hitting the drag strip or street racing or anything so the extra fine tuning makes no difference to me. However, I believe the Cobra unit can only make a mixture more rich; it cannot make it more lean. This shouldn't be a problem in most cases b/c pipes &/or intake tend to make the mixture too lean anyways.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Power Commander or CObra FI2000

Thanks for the input.
I'll check out Ebay on the FI2000

·
Registered
309 Posts
I have a 04 Meanie with cobra lo-boy shotguns. I bought a new cobra FI2000 Tri pot off EBay for $99+$7 shipping. I couldn't pass on that good of a deal. It was very easy to install and worth it to me.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts