Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 06 vulcan 2000. Stock air filter, and hard krome stripper pipes. I cannot find a map for my power commander for this setup. the closest i found was Vance and hines pipes with a stock air filter. Does anyone know where i can find a closer map, or should i just use the vance and hines map
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

·
Slow Guy on a Fast Bike
25,224 Posts
I'm not sure you will see any real benefit with the Power Commander until you replace that restrictive stock intake. Once you open up here lungs with a good aftermarket intake, then you will certainly see (and feel) a difference.

I found the best map I could find for my old V2K was from the ThundeR manufacturing site, I just tried a few until I settled on one that felt the best. Optimally, you would want to have a custom map made for your bike, with your specific set-up, tuned for the elevation you live in....but that can cost a fait chunk of change.

I'd recommend getting that aftermarket intake, removing the secondary intake butterflies (this can really "crisp" up the throttle response)....and finding a map that best fits your exhaust and intake from either the Power Commander site, the Thunder Mfg. site, or maybe someone here will have a map they can email you.

·
Deeppurple52
2,072 Posts
PCIII not needed for your configuration ands will do nothing for your performance.

·
Forgot to grow up
1,118 Posts
I was under the impression the fuel mgmt was used to cure popping when just pipes are changed. I kinda like the popping tho.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts