Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i'm reposting from mechanics corner.

memebers of my family have been riding 4 wheelers for years. last november i purchased a new prairie 360 for my husband and son, for deer hunting and recreation.
today my son was riding with a friend. she felt like the gas was stuck. the 4 wheeler speed up. we can see the skid mark in the mud where she was breaking and she said she released the gas immediately to try to slow down. (but it didn't slow) they hit a tree and the bike caught on fire. (the kids are bruised but fine.)
my husband said the fire was in the air intake and they had a very hard time getting it out. seem the motor is fine, the front of the bike is destroyed and will have to be replaced.
we cannot imagine why or how it caught fire.
has anyone heard of similar situations. i've been on the internet all night looking for info and came across this site.
thanks for any information

my husband talked to our dealer on saturday, he's says he's never heard of one catching fire.

psday

·
Proud Owner Of This Forum & Beartooth Kawasaki
2,735 Posts
That is a first for me, I have never heard of it catching on fire after a hard hit. I would suggest you have your dealer contact tech support at Kawasaki corporate and tell them the story se what they say! 8)

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks, we carried it to the dealer today. the mechanic feels that the impact cracked the oil cooler and the oil ignited on the exhaust system. they had never hear of a bike catching fire. i've also contacted kawasaki and am getting the paper work to file a report.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts