Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
memebers of my family have been riding 4 wheelers for years. last november i purchased a new prairie 360 for my husband and son, for deer hunting and recreation.
today my son was riding with a friend. she felt like the gas was stuck. the 4 wheeler speed up. we can see the skid mark in the mud where she was breaking and she said she released the gas immediately to try to slow down. (but it didn't slow) they hit a tree and the bike caught on fire. (the kids are bruised but fine.)
my husband said the fire was in the air intake and they had a very hard time getting it out. seem the motor is fine, the front of the bike is destroyed and will have to be replaced.
we cannot imagine why or how it caught fire.
has anyone heard of similar situations. i've been on the internet all night looking for info and came across this site.
thanks for any information

psday :cry:

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
update on situation

my husband talked with our dealer. he says he's never heard of one catching fire and he's seen some messed up bikes. we'll be carrying it in monday so his mechanics can get a look about it and try to determine the cause. then they will be reporting to kawasaki.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
part 3
the dealer's mechanic has looked at the bike. they feel the bike was going so fast that when it hit, it busted the oil cooler and the oil ignited from the exhaust pipes.

i have alot of work to be done on the bike. the frame is bent all the electrial wires are torched, all the hoses. it's really a mess.

like an idiot, i didn't insure the bike. so i've got a large parts bill, not even starting on labor.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I also have a 360 and never had any problems with it, yet. The main thing is that the kids were able to walk away from the accident. The 4-wheeler can be replaced but not the life of a loved one. Good luck !!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts