Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Desperately need help! My son-in-laws 2004 360 had a shorted main wiring harness. We replaced the harness and it now runs, but in a limp mode only.
We tried the two computers (by swapping with his brothers 360), to no avail.
Has anyone got a suggestion?
Thanks,
Larry

·
Registered
488 Posts
I owned an 04 Prairie 360 and I never heard of "limp mode", can you elaborate?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
QKENUF4U said:
more details about HOW its running ? and why do you say its still in "limp mode" ?
Sorry for limp mode description. I mean that it will not rev up. It runs in idle mode or there about.

·
Registered
9 Posts
sounds to me that it has to be reset.just follow the two wires that come off the little box at the top of your belt drive plastic and undo them at the plug.then you need two wires to cross connect them.then turn your key on for 10 secs.turn back off and reconnect them properly.then you'll be off like a *****'s drawers on poggy day.

·
Registered
6 Posts
had a banshee do the same thing. there is a switch on the park brake on them and when the brake is on the bike wont rev(to stop u ridin with the brake on). It played up after bein trailered 40 mile, maybe your bike has one of these switches.

·
Premium Member
112 Posts
Are your 2WD/4WD indicators flashing? Don't understand "will not rev up...runs at idle speed." If there is a failure in the belt system the rpms will be limited to 3600 and it will attemp to go into 2WD mode. Will it rev up in neutral? It is carbureted and should still run and rev.

Just noted that this is a zombie thread from '05.....

·
Registered
9 Posts
you should have a change belt light on the left flashin if in reduction mode.there is a wire that comes off the positive terminal it is white .this is a fuseable link,it has to be hooked up or the change belt light and 4by4 light belowyour handle bars will keep flashin check it out to make sure

1 - 9 of 9 Posts