Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi. New poster. I bought a wrecked 1997 Prairie 400. Ii had everything on the left side missing or broken. I specifically need the wiring schematic for the electrical controls. I found a newer model on ebay, with the same number and color wires. 3 are matched up and 3 are different. Anyone help?:)

·
Registered
628 Posts
I have the factory service manual for the 97-98 Prairie 400 and the supplement for the '99 Prairie 400. Which part of the wiring do you need? Stator/ igniter wiring only? That's all I can think is on the left side.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Wiring Prairie 400

Hey, I wired the electrical switch on the handle bar and everything works fine. I only have one question, what is the over-ride switch for? I would like to have the schematics for all the front end wiring, especially the over-ride switch. The wires coming out of the over-ride are brown (hot?) and yellow. I can only find a blue and brown wire near the main connector from the switch in the left wheel well. Thanks for replying. Gotta go see if I can get it stuck today!!:)

·
Registered
628 Posts
For your safety, reverse has a rev-limiter. If you are stuck however, you need full speed in reverse. Hold the over-ride button and the quad will spin the tires 25MPH backwards.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello!
Can somebody help me directing me to the right place or right person
i just bought a prairie 650-400 2003 without the computer the wire has been cut .i manage to find another computer but it seems that the wiring color doesnt match is there anyone who can tell me the sequence coming out of the computer.im in the middle of nowhere in mexico and the closesty dealer is like 15hrs away
thank you

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.