Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2002 prairie 650 that is doing strange things. The battery would always go dead if I did not ride it for a few days. Had some kind of draw on it. I would put a battery charger on overnight to charge it but here is where I messed up. I left the charger on for about two weeks. Ruined the battery. Put a new one in and now the display is wacky. The 2WD 4WD lights constantly jump back and forth and the speedometer reads strange speeds. Like at about 10MPH it shows very high, like 65MPH and so on. I put it on jack stands and the 2WD AND 4WD work even though the display jumps back and forth. Any ideas?

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have a 2002 prairie 650 that is doing strange things. The battery would always go dead if I did not ride it for a few days. Had some kind of draw on it. I would put a battery charger on overnight to charge it but here is where I messed up. I left the charger on for about two weeks. Ruined the battery. Put a new one in and now the display is wacky. The 2WD 4WD lights constantly jump back and forth and the speedometer reads strange speeds. Like at about 10MPH it shows very high, like 65MPH and so on. I put it on jack stands and the 2WD AND 4WD work even though the display jumps back and forth. Any ideas?

·
Registered
939 Posts
You have several issues.

Address them one at a time and you may find a commonality.

Start with the voltage "draw". Also check if the battery is charging with the engine running.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts