Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just acquired an early model ('02-'03) Prairie 650 with 51 hours. ATV will not idle. Runs fine at speed with 1/4-1/2 choke but will not idle. I've filled the tank and added Seafoam at 1 oz. per gallon. If no improvement is noticed after a tank or two I plan to visit the local stealer. Any/all suggestions are welcomed.

Thanks.

·
Registered
3,787 Posts
Hope it helps. I am busy hunting and do not check the postings here that much this time of the year.

If you run into a snag PM me, that will flag an e-mail on my i-phone! Then the next time in town I will check in.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Just acquired an early model ('02-'03) Prairie 650 with 51 hours. ATV will not idle. Runs fine at speed with 1/4-1/2 choke but will not idle. I've filled the tank and added Seafoam at 1 oz. per gallon. If no improvement is noticed after a tank or two I plan to visit the local stealer. Any/all suggestions are welcomed.

Thanks.
Labfan, I Just acquired a Prairie 650 with 91 hours and I'm having the same problems. Please let me know what you find. This is my first ATV and any information you have that might help me will be appreciated.

Thanks, Gary

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Labfan, I Just acquired a Prairie 650 with 91 hours and I'm having the same problems. Please let me know what you find. This is my first ATV and any information you have that might help me will be appreciated.

Thanks, Gary
Will do. I have the service manual but I'm not inclined to tear into the carburetors (gave up wrenching after 10 years working on jets in the USAF). I hope to get to the dealer later this week. I suspect that the carbs are in desperate need of cleaning.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Kawadude,

I dropped my Prairie off at a local ATV shop (not manufacturer specific) last Saturday. Service technician says that carbs, jets, etc. are gummed up and the diaphragm for the rear cylinder is torn. Cost of the carb disassembly/cleaning/reassembly was about $150. Replacement of the diaphragm added about $100. Tech claims that part (16126-1226) should be delivered and installed in about a week.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Kawadude,

I dropped my Prairie off at a local ATV shop (not manufacturer specific) last Saturday. Service technician says that carbs, jets, etc. are gummed up and the diaphragm for the rear cylinder is torn. Cost of the carb disassembly/cleaning/reassembly was about $150. Replacement of the diaphragm added about $100. Tech claims that part (16126-1226) should be delivered and installed in about a week.
Labfan,

Thanks for the information.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.